Receiving Confirmed Shipping Address Error when sending funds.

vlramboz
Contributor
Contributor

I've been doing some searching around and have yet to find a solution for this particular issue that will actually work.

I'm trying to send funds to a seller for a product. Every time I attempt to pay, I get a page long error about the seller requiring a confirmed shipping address to be attached to the account, so on and so forth. The issue is, my shipping address is confirmed with multiple cards/bank accounts. The classic site no longer exists, which was the old work around for the issue, and the app is giving me the same error. The app states "Confirm your address. Before you pay, confirm your shipping address. You an do this in your profile."...only I can't because the address is already confirmed.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Normally from the Seller's end, they can require a confirmed address - for the seller this means that billing address and the shipping address must be the same.  (I have this feature enabled for my sales as it's better for Seller Protection.)   Can't say for sure if that's related to your issue or not, but kind of sounds like it.   If that is the root cause, there's two options - you can update your account so your billing and shipping addresses are the same or it may be possible the seller may make an exception - you would need to contact the seller.

Login to Me Too

vlramboz
Contributor
Contributor

I know what Confirmed Shipping Address means. My issue is that my address is confirmed with multiple payment methods. In my settings it shows as confirmed. However, when I try to pay with it I get told that it is not. There is no way for me to confirm it again as it is already confirmed...

Login to Me Too

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

As this is a public community, it's not possible to look at your account setup, only customer service can do that.   You may want to move forward with them.

Login to Me Too

vlramboz
Contributor
Contributor

For anyone else that may stumble upon this: Save yourself some trouble and just call PayPal directly. The issue can be fixed, but they do need to verify some security information with you, which can only be done over the phone. As soon as you call and verify, they can manually re-confirm your shipping address(es) to fix the issue.

Hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.