Paypal for accepting affiliate payments

yuhikaru
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

I have a personal Paypal account.

If I want to accept payments for affiliate programs (as an affiliate), do I need to upgrade to Premier or Business account?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

You have a good question - the type of account would most likely depend on the amount of money you receive and frequency of the payments.  If the payments are infrequent and the amounts are small, a Personal account should work.  Just make sure that it's "verified", meaning you have completed two out of three steps:
* Linking and confirming your bank account
* Verifying your credit or debit card information
* Providing your social security number.

If your account is not verified, you will run into limits and hold on your money.

It seems that Premier accounts are being phased out (along with Student accounts) so your other option would be to upgrade to a Business account.   If you think that you will be making some good money from these programs or you have intentions to start selling, then a Business account makes more sense on a lot of levels.

Login to Me Too

yuhikaru
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much. I think your reply answers my question.

For the time being, I am not experiencing high volume of transactions and like what you said, a personal account suffices.

I don't have any qualms to upgrade to a Business Account but when I tried to do so, it asked me for my Business Name, Address etc., which I don't have because I am not a Seller/Merchant at this stage and is just an affiliate. Do you know how I can get around this issue, as in...how I can upgrade to Business Account?

Thanks again!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yuhikaru

There is no such thing as a premier account, personal and premier accounts merged a while back.

You would only need a business account if you are a registered business or a high volume seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.