Paypal Payment methods,fees, etc.

Mandirigma7
Contributor
Contributor

So, my employer pays me through paypal, I work online. The first payment went through without a hitch. The second time around, we encounter a problem.

Employer pays but I noticed that there was a fee charged to me so I did not receive the amount we agreed upon. I told my employer this and even he was surprised. So we researched a  bit and discovered that he had to pay me through the friends and family option, so he did. We also discovered that if the charge was through his credit card, the fee would be XXX versus using his bank which would only incur a XX fee. So since the bank was cheaper, we decided to go through that route.  Problem now is money was sent as an 'echeck'. My employer was sure he used his bank the first time around and the payment came in instantly. Is there any way around this? This sucks because that means I actually have to wait at least a week before I get my hands on the money since "3-5 business days for the e-check to clear then another 2-3 business days to transfer from Paypal to my bank.

help please! 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

your employer should pay you via goods and services,as you provided him with service.

as to echeck,thats his problem,not much you can do on your end  

Login to Me Too

Mandirigma7
Contributor
Contributor

we are trying to avoid having paypal deduct money from the actual amount that he sends to me. Will doing that work?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You should not be mentioning that you want to avoid fees for a service that PayPal is providing you.  Both you and your employer could get that friends & family option blocked on your accounts.  Pay the fee or find another way of payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mandirigma7

If you are just having your wages paid that way then you should be ok to accept friends / services.

A paypal moderator suggested being paid that way to another poster a while ago.

Will try and find the post at some stage.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mandirigma7
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass yeah, thanks. My employer called paypal and all is good now.

Login to Me Too

Mandirigma7
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker just so to be clear. My employer doesn't care about fees on his end. He just doesn't want me receiving a deduction on the salary we agreed on.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.