Paypal Holding Payments Long after Tracking shows Delivered

tomhaskell
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I have payment from a Sale that still being held. I shipped the pruchase with tracking and was delivered on Saturday January 21. Its now the January 26 and Paypal still holding onto to the sale. Whats the deal? The stated policy is for the money from a payment is to be released 3 days after delivery is confirmed by tracking. But Ive found in practice Paypal through convenient computer glitches does not  keep its promises. Ive seen sales being held the full 21 days even when tracking shows otherwise!!!

Tom

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tomhaskell

Ebay or paypal private sale?

Ebay and paypal have different policies for funds being held.

Ebay state delivery + 3 days if you supply tracking / use Ebay shipping.

Paypal state delivery + 7 days if you supply tracking / use paypal shipping.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tomhaskell
Contributor
Contributor

Really?

Here is part of the email I just got from Paypal Customer Service regarding my account . Notice It dont say nothing about EBAY.

It says Three Days. I know nobody listening but I just wanted everyone public forum to see how Paypal really does things

Tom

How can I get access to my funds faster?
If you are experiencing delayed funds availability, here are some shipping tips that may help make your payment available sooner:

•        If you provide tracking information (UPS, USPS, or FedEx) and we can confirm delivery, your payment should be available three days after we can confirm the delivery date.
o        Pending payments are generally released three days after we can confirm delivery, but sometimes the delivery information takes a bit longer to update. If it’s been three days and your payment is still pending, the information is still processing and the payment should be available soon. Please note that pending payments can’t be released before you meet these requirements.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.