Payments made and only got half back.

LarryDeCecco
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I purchased a exhaust pipe for my motorcycle. The items price was two hundred and fifty. I sent a email and asked if I could pay half and then the rest in four weeks, We agreed. He was eight weeks out to supply the part anyway. When I sent the second payment it was sent back to me imediatly with a note saying I have colon cancer. I felt so sorry for him. I am on a budget and I told him if i were working I would let the 125.00 go but I just could not afford to. I then asked him with a heavy heart when he was going to sent the balance back. I still have not heard back from him. I hate the fact that I have to ask a sick man for money. I hope I am handleing this correctly. Any advice anyone? Thank you.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

WipedOut
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You need to open a dispute on the initial payment you sent him.  Regardless of if the man/woman is in poor health at the end of the day they collected money for a product they don't have and aren't going to send.  It sucks on there end but good business and integrity of anyone with it would require the initial payment be returned to you since no service was rendered and no product shipped.  If colon cancer popped up some time in the interim and he/she knew they would be unable to supply the agreed on part why didn't they refund at that time?  If I were in poor health the last thing I would want is a guilty conscience........

Login to Me Too

LarryDeCecco
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply, he paid me today. I am trying to close the dispute, but the instructions are not showing a check box to do so, can you help?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Just let it close out on it's own, if you have not escalated to claim. Disputes closes out on its own 20 days from opening date, unescalated.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.