Payment Under Review

rlirph88
Contributor
Contributor

I received the following message from an online vendor:

"We have been notified that your payment is currently under review by PayPal and the funds are pending. Once the funds are available, your order will ship out immediately. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance."

Why does it happen for a small charge(less than $65)?  Fraud protection or simply bad coding?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you placed 2 orders back to back,that triggers some security alarm.

I remember on Yahoo shopping,one way to catch someone shopping with stolen credit card is that they make rapid purchases across yahoo shopping going after merchandise which  can quickly turned into cash.

same with brick and mortar,someone will run into a mall and keep on buying.

your cc issuer also catch unusual behavior,they know your habits,like starbuck,barnes and noble,grocery shopping, a meal and all of a sudden you are in Cancun buying Rolex watches.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What is the real email address of the sender?

What are the details of the payment in your PayPal account activity on your computer?

Are there any PayPal alerts on your account?

Login to Me Too

rlirph88
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your prompt response.  The online retailer is Running Warehouse which is a reputable online retailer selling athletic accessories.  I use PayPal occasionally, may be up to 10 times a year.  There is no alert on my account.  Interestingly, I placed two orders 30 minutes apart.  I just got notice that the larger amount ($80) was approved but the smaller amount($65) was held up.

Login to Me Too

rlirph88
Contributor
Contributor

I just got an update that PayPal had reviewed the transaction and approved it.  I am happy that they are efficient in reviewing the transaction.  However, I am still puzzled why it got flagged to begin with as larger purchases were approved before and after this transaction.  Thanks anyway!

Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you placed 2 orders back to back,that triggers some security alarm.

I remember on Yahoo shopping,one way to catch someone shopping with stolen credit card is that they make rapid purchases across yahoo shopping going after merchandise which  can quickly turned into cash.

same with brick and mortar,someone will run into a mall and keep on buying.

your cc issuer also catch unusual behavior,they know your habits,like starbuck,barnes and noble,grocery shopping, a meal and all of a sudden you are in Cancun buying Rolex watches.

Login to Me Too

rlirph88
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your assistance!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.