PayPal credit/debit card confirmation code missing from bank statement

SamuelHrmel
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, I have the following issue. I have paid the €1.50 refundable fee to confirm my credit card and connect it up to my account. The problem is that when I checked my bank statement, I didn't find any code. I figured that having the code resent as is put on the option table would be possible solution to this to see if it was just some error. It ended up charging me €1.50 more and giving me the same result. I have contacted my bank and asked them to have a look at it, the charge does not contain any added code or anything, just as my bank statement says. What are my options to deal with this, please? I would need my PayPal account up and running again as soon as possible.

Thank you for your time,

Samuel

Untitled.pngUntitled 2.png

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

It will be refunded back to your card.  Allow up to 30 days for the refund.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

It doesn't even say that the test charge is from PayPal.  It should say PayPal*1234 CODE or PP*1234 CODE with 1234 being a random number.

What credit card are you trying to confirm?  Is it a Visa, MasterCard?  If you are confirming a credit card, why does it look like your signed on to your online Internet banking account.  You need to contact customer service in your region.  If you send a PayPal message, if the response does not resolve your problem, you'll need to explain your problem again to get a customized response.

Login to Me Too

SamuelHrmel
Contributor
Contributor

This specifically is a debit card. I had already added a card in the past, but with a different bank. There weren't any problems. And this is an even bigger bank, so I don't see any reasons for it being correlated to the provider. It normally displays all info in the description after transactions.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Is there another page in your online banking to look at transactions?  Maybe the code is there and you are looking at different page that does not show the full detail. Otherwise, you need to contact PayPal customer service in your region.

Login to Me Too

SamuelHrmel
Contributor
Contributor

It doesn't show up as a normal transaction and leaves it in "reservation" column. This is what's leaving me to wonder. I have written PayPal already. In case of not doing anything with it, what happens to those €3 if I don't verify it up to the 11th of January as stated?

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

It will be refunded back to your card.  Allow up to 30 days for the refund.

Login to Me Too

SamuelHrmel
Contributor
Contributor

And it's a Visa.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.