PayPal Paid a Fraudlent Vendor From My Account and Will Not Respond Now

tbara
New Community Member

When I went to Bibinje, Croatia last year, I was the victim of a fraudulent vendor. I asked PayPal not to pay as the person who placed an ad on TripAdvisor totally misrepresented what he called an apartment. I notified PayPal of the situation that had already cost me several hundred dollars in flight and taxi fares. 
After asking PayPal not to pay this fraudlent vendor, they paid him anyway. I have spent over 7 months trying to get them to resolve this issue. I completed all forms on time. After numerous hours of work, PayPal completely ignored my request! If anyone has any idea about what action I can take to resolve an issue that ended up costing me close to $2,000 I would greatly appreciate it. This is the only vendor that I have had to deal with that was fraudulent but to have a company like PayPal completely ignore my request after I jumped through months of hoops seems outrageous! Thank you for your input. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.