PayPal Agrees with Seller that Request for Redelivery Constitutes Proof of Delivery

Judikay33
New Community Member

I purchased 3 pairs of pants; a pair of capris & 2 leggings from TB Dress on 3/15/17.  After waiting over a month (the tracking was provided by Track17 & it told me it was expected that long a wait, though TB Dress never said it would be that long or I wouldn't have purchased them!), I checked Track17 to see where my stuff was.  I found that a delivery attempt was made by the USPS on April 17th, 2017 but that it was returned as 'undeliverable'.  There was a button to click to ask for redelivery, so I clicked it not knowing what 'undeliverable' meant.  My first mistake.  No, my second.  My first was buying from TB Dress!  

I was curious as to what 'undeliverable' meant & because it was already 10 days past and I'd received nothing from the Post Office saying I had a package, I called the USPS.  They told me undeliverable in this case, was the seller had forgotten to put my house number on the package.  So, they just sent it to the street I live on, not my specific house.  The USPS told me they couldn't attempt to redeliver because the package had been in the return process for 10 days.  They didn't even know where the package was at that point.  All they knew was it was sent back.  I was told it was most likely already back in China somewehre.  I copied the information that the package was undeliverable (screenshot of the tracking site) and the explanation the Post Office gave me, and sent it in an email to TB Dress in an effort to resolve the issue with them.

They looked up the tracking & the USPS had changed the status to "customer requested redelivery", so TB Dress said that meant I received it.  I said no, that meant I ASKED for it to be redelivered; just because you ask for something, doesn't mean you'll get it right?  lol  I again explained what the Post Office said to me, that it had been returned 10 days ago & was gone.  TB Dress refused to refund my money, so I called PayPal.

PayPal listened to my story, took down my infroamtion, and opened a dispute.  I was told at that point, I would no longer be in communication with TB Dress, that PayPal would handle all of it.  The woman who took the ifnormation sounded pretty reasonable about it & I didn't think there'd be any trouble with obtaining the refund.  I received an email from PayPal that a dispute had been opened, and waited for a response... and waited... and waited.  Menawhile, I continured to receive emails from TB Dress regarding the issue, & I kept telling them they weren't supposed to be contacting me directly accordign to PayPal so I cc'd all responsess to PayPal.  I attached copies of the screenshots of the tracking provided that the package had been returned and still nothing from PayPal

Finally, I called back.  I was told the case was closed in favor of the seller!  

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you ever escalate the dispute to a claim?  You had 20 days to do that.  Without being  escalated to a a claim PayPal takes no further action.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@DPCreations wrote:

Did you ever escalate the dispute to a claim?  You had 20 days to do that.  Without being  escalated to a a claim PayPal takes no further action.

It was Paypal which open the dispute for her,so I would think Paypal has escalated to get itself involved.

But then what do you expect,it is Paypal clown at his best !

anyway back to the situation of not deliverable,it is true it would be returned to sender and in this case,all the way to China.

I suspect Paypal robot is in charge of the case here,it reads the tracking number and must have interpreted the return code as 'hunky dorey' as the zipcode matches,robot is not too smart to read street number,all it cares is the zipcode,does it match and it probably does.

as to the status code of undeliverable,may be the programmer has not instructed the robot to look deeper as to what it means.

so what you should do is to file chargeback with your cc issuer and smack teh seller in the face with a $20 fine and get your money back.

if you have paid with cc

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

My guess was that the phone call opened a dispute only (that's what he OP wrote).

Even if opened by phone doesn't it show up in the buyer's list of cases?

Anyway, the credit card case is always a good backup plan.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.