Buy now button not working

RenataT
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

its now almost 24 hours since buy now buttons on my website are not working. I have been using them for more than year and half. I have made no changes whatsoever. Usually i am receiving couple orders a day, through 4 buy now buttons. All of them been working all the time. But now when anyone clicks on them it shows this message:  Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later. Can you please help me with this issue as this is my only income and i am very dependent on it. I have wrote this to paypal, but no answer yet.. Thank you for your help. Renata paypal message.jpg

Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

techinnovative
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I am facing the same issue since last 15-20 hours. Raised request to support. Awaiting for their response.
Login to Me Too

techinnovative
Contributor
Contributor

Recently I found its up and running now.

Still awaiting for atleast one payment.

Login to Me Too

cvm_admin
Contributor
Contributor

any update? we appear to be having the same issue.

Login to Me Too

RenataT
Contributor
Contributor

hello again,

i have just had a phone call from paypal. they told me that i have to contact Ppaypal's Merchant technical support. Here is how:

If you haven’t already created an account for the Merchant Technical Support site, please create one now. Here’s how:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/mts and click Log in in the top right-hand side of the window.
  2. Click Sign Up.
  3. Provide the required information and click Create Account. You can use any valid email address.

After you have created your account, you can submit your question. Here’s how:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/mts and click Contact Support.
  2. Fill in the form in as much detail as you can and click Continue.

We look forward to assisting you further.

So ihave done so and now i am waiting for their response. Funny enough i have received one payment several hours ago. I have no idea how he's done it, but as i can see in google analytics, he had to refresh that page around 13 times before he get it done. but others still cant get it working. i have had a look around on other websites using buy now button, if its only me having this problem and it seems that north american websites are allright. I am from Czech republic and i have found one other website outside of USA, from Chile and his button is not working as well. I can see already two replies to this topic. You are having this issue as well and where are you from? Renata.

Login to Me Too

RenataT
Contributor
Contributor

Ok so response from paypal's merchant technical support is here:

Thank you for contacting PayPal Merchant Technical Services.
I can see this error is related to known issue on our side. Our research team is actively working on this. Unfortunately at the moment I do not have any estimated fix time.
I will let you know as soon as I get any update.
My apologies for any inconvenience caused.

So it seems that we cant do nothing about it and just wait. Hope they will resolve it soon. Renata
Login to Me Too

cvm_admin
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the update, I am yet to get a response from PayPal. We are from the UK.

Login to Me Too

kabelectro
Contributor
Contributor

if you understand how your site is coded. I use a shopping cart and single purchase buttons. single purchase buttons are working, they use a command _xclick. the shopping cart is not working, it uses the command _cart. So from what I can tell so far, the issue may be just with multiple items failing, and single items going through. I have yet to hear from Technical support.

Fingers crossed the fix it quickly, but glad, in a way, to know it is not me.

Login to Me Too

fajgel
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

We've been dealing with the same problem.

Do you have any news?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

dansyn

Same problem here in QC / Canada with 2 of our clients using PrestaShop and PayPal USA CANADA module.

Problem has been reported to us for the first time yesterday (tuesday) around 11:00AM.

Any confirmation that this error is on the PayPal side?

With which shopping cart are you experiencing this issue?

D.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.