Pay Ebay purchase with Paypal balance

inhouston
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

This is a new problem for us, we have used paypal and ebay for many years without to many problems but now it seems that even with a paypal balance it never takes the balance it always takes from out bank account and everything is set for USD ? We even called in to tell the Rep to set it up to use 100% of the paypal balance first then out bank account but it still is taking all from out bank account, this is very frustrating as now we have to move the $$ from PP to out our account then pay for ebay purchases, can someoe please help 

~William

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Since Oct 2016, PayPal allows you to select your preferred payment method during checkout so you must do on the Review your payment step if the displayed payment method is not the one you want.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

inhouston
Contributor
Contributor

We have selected that from the drop down menu but it never takes tha balance first which it always did before, example, we have $20 in PP acct and buy something off Ebay for $30, upon checkout we select PP but it never takes the $20 and the balance from out checking it takes it all from checking and leaves the $20 in our PP acct ? never did this before it always said it would take $20 from PP and balance for purchase from checking

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You will need to call PayPal customer service to find out what is wrong.  We do not have access to your account to troubleshoot in the forums:

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/contact/call

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.