Pay After Delivery Option Disappeared

swoollis
I have been using pay after delivery for several months with no problem, and then it suddenly disappeared around the beginning of September. I have made several calls to customer service, spoken with supervisors, and each time I get a different answer. I would appreciate some valid information about what is being done to resolve the situation.
Login to Me Too
40 REPLIES 40

nat55
Contributor
Contributor

Try emailing the CEO of paypal

Login to Me Too

tostygirl3
Contributor
Contributor

i sent a msg on fb messenger...here is what i got (absolutely nothing)

• PayPal

Hello Lynn, "Pay after delivery" is an option that's still available but it's not available for all transactions. Only transactions eligible for pay after delivery will show the option during payment. I hope this helps! - Steve

ME
    can you clarify what type of transactions are eligible for this? your answer is a bit vague
  • Unfortunately, there isn't anything that's specific about a transaction that will determine whether or not a transaction will be eligible for Pay after deliver option. The only thing for sure is that it'll be a payment for "goods" because it's Pay after "delivery". Apologies for the inconvenience. - Steve

ME

i had that option for a while on ebay purchases but after time it went away.

• Yes 😞 the system constantly updates the information. Apologies for the inconvenience. - Steve

Login to Me Too

wwfwwe4life
Contributor
Contributor

Last week I used paypal/ebay checkout and used pay after delivery. I went to pay for an item Wednesday night and it isn't there anymore. Instant payment keeps coming up. I need to use pay after delivery. What is going on with this??

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It is like Paypal credit,it is not always available.

Login to Me Too

wwfwwe4life
Contributor
Contributor

what gets me is the people I'm trying to pay with pay after delivery are regular people I have paid with pay after delivery. This isn't really **bleep** me up. I have NEVER had it disappear on the ebay check out until now.

Login to Me Too

Genesis777
Contributor
Contributor

It is weird the way it works, you buy something thinking you have 14 days to pay and when it comes time to pay you don't get the option to do that, yet on other transactions where I don't want to use it it's there, it's a very bizarre way to do business..The same thing happens to me with my Debit business Mastercard from PP, I'll go grocery shopping for example and buy a $100.00 worth of groceries, this card links to my bank account which they take the money from the following day.. I get to the checkout and PP denies the transaction, no one can tell me why...It's really a great way to tee off a customer, I drive to the store 10 miles, park, shop for 30 minutes all to get kicked in the face at the register and drive back home with nothing.. In this day and age of Email, text, etc it's simply unacceptable to not notify the customer on this day we are not approving your charges but on this day we will approve them, it's CRAZY!~

Login to Me Too

3campbellkids
Contributor
Contributor

Me also did you find a solution? I do not like the new paypal page or the new box that pops up when making a pmt. and Paypal is IMPOSSIBLE to contact by phone, and once you do, they transfer you to 10 differnet departments /operators. HELP ANYBODY.... THANK YOU!! ~Judy

Login to Me Too

tostygirl3
Contributor
Contributor
Actually i found out that it DOES still appear but only on certain websites. For example i bought something from an ad on Facebook and it gave the p.a.d. option.
Login to Me Too

Tubers
Contributor
Contributor

Found this via google search. Pay After Delivery

We will not be accepting new Pay After Delivery users in the United States on or after January 8, 2018, and we anticipate discontinuing Pay After Delivery in the United States on or after February 28, 2018.

For users in the United States that have previously activated Pay After Delivery and have a linked bank account, eligible purchases will continue to be supported by Pay After Delivery until it is discontinued on or after February 28, 2018. Limitations Apply.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tubers

Thanks for that info, hadn't heard that before.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.