Pay After Delivery Option Disappeared

swoollis
I have been using pay after delivery for several months with no problem, and then it suddenly disappeared around the beginning of September. I have made several calls to customer service, spoken with supervisors, and each time I get a different answer. I would appreciate some valid information about what is being done to resolve the situation.
Login to Me Too
40 REPLIES 40

Karilynl3
Contributor
Contributor

im having the same issue, AND i get money taken out 14 days after purchase, not after delivery.

AND THEY ONLY MONITOR SHIPPING WHEN IT COMES TO KEEPING OUR MONEY FOR AS LONG AS THEY CAN!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Karilynl3

I think you have it wrong. The seller is paid upfront by paypal the same as they are normally as no seller would send an item before they are being paid.

PAD is offered by paypal and not the seller and the seller does not even know that you are using it.

All PAD does is let you have a bit longer before your funds are removed from your bank account (this helps some folks budget better), and in that time your item ''may'' have arrived.

It gives you no more ''buyer protection'' than paying normally, all it does is give you a bit more time before you have to pay. Funds leave your bank account 14 days after paying regardless of if the seller has shipped or not.

Whether you pay instantly OR PAD you can still open a dispute for non receipt of item etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Disneymom0f3
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having this issue right now. I keep telling the customer service people that this has nothing to do with merchants since this is an agreement with paypal and myself. I was using pay after delivery quite often and usually paying it off before the 14 days. Now it is not available for me at all. I was using it on ebay and receiving invoices from people. They tried to tell me its not available for all types of items or transactions but I call BS. I have used it for the same types of items in multiple formats and now its just gone. So frustrating!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lancelotme

Pay after delivery is just a term that lets you pay a bit later, it DOES NOT mean that the funds leave a buyers bank account only after the item has arrived. (although of course that can happen as most items arrive within that time).

The funds always leave the bank account 14 days later regardless of if the item has actually arrived yet or not.

So there is no more buyer protection just a few days extra to pay.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@kernowlass

So there is no more buyer protection just a few days extra to pay.

-----------------------------

and it has to come from your bank account,not credit card.

With credit card,you have more than 14 days to pay and you can file chargeback.

Paypal takes money from your bank account,you better have more than enough in your bank account,NSF fee is pretty stiff these days.

If you are buying to resell and accepting Paypal payments,transferring fund to your bank account takes too long,3-5 days.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lancelotme

That was not what i was replying to, you actually said >>

I thought PAD stands for pay after delivery not pay after purchase.

What if your item arrives after 14 days,say 17,20 days? 

It matters not if the item arrives 17 - 20 days as the payment still leaves the buyers bank account at 14 days after purchase.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

nat55
Contributor
Contributor

The 14 day pay after delivery has changed. It is now 10 days. I had used it last week. And went to buy a item that I want and it says if you purchase today 10.02 it will be deducted from your account 10.12. This is not 14 days . And I guess that is why they are so tied up tried to call them and the hold time is 2 !/2 hours to speak to someone.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nat55

Yes i know its changed, but it wasn't in 2016 and you are posting in between posts of that date.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

sewsewgrandma
Contributor
Contributor

To avoid any confusion, I wasn't talking about members of the forum. I was talking about Paypal customer service. The guy I talked to this morning was in the Phillipines--I asked first. Got so aggravated I finally told him the conversation was useless because he evidentally couldn't answer my question. Kept getting the same answer. I am not an idiot and knew that already. Finally just hung up.

Login to Me Too

tostygirl3
Contributor
Contributor

it is somewhat comforting to see that others have the same problem....i emailed and got no answer.  sent msg on fb and waiting.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.