Pay After Delivery Option Disappeared

swoollis
I have been using pay after delivery for several months with no problem, and then it suddenly disappeared around the beginning of September. I have made several calls to customer service, spoken with supervisors, and each time I get a different answer. I would appreciate some valid information about what is being done to resolve the situation.
Login to Me Too
40 REPLIES 40

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

May be Ebay would like to offer this PAD feature,afterall ,it is Ebay which is collecting 10-12% Final value fee,Paypal is getting just 2.9%.

Login to Me Too

sewsewgrandma
Contributor
Contributor

Mine is always 14 days after purchase--not 14 days after delivery.

Login to Me Too

nat55
Contributor
Contributor

You are right I purchase something and even though I don't have it yet. It is 14 days after purchase.

Login to Me Too

nat55
Contributor
Contributor

Wow you need to work for PayPal at least you could give those who are having this problems with pay after delivery a decent answer.Smiley Wink but Bravo an answer that is acceptable finally. I was told that someone from an IP address in California tried to order something. I live no where near California. where is the security, where is the account protection.

Never got an email, call or nothing. Until I had contacted the CEO.

But the funny thing is that I was told I tried to use the pay after delivery 250 times on October 25th 2016. Wow I must have not went to work that day, to do all of that. Then I had called PP and I was able to use the PAD for 3 mins to buy something and then it was off again. But thank you for your answer. 

Login to Me Too

kellieg41

nat55 - your reply is probably the best I've found so far...so thanks so much for that.  I'm curious how you got it to work for 3 mins?  Is that because you called?  

I got the option for a vendor I buy from regularly this morning, and I changed my mind and wanted to add to my order while in the middle of the paypal process so I clicked "cancel and return to {vendor names website}, amended my cart...then when I got back to the paypal process, I was no longer given the option to pay after delivery---10 minutes before that I was!!!  It is so bizarre that no one can get a straight answer, but yours in regarding the odd transmission of an IP address kinda sounds like that could set off a flag...or I wonder if its the amount of times you access paypal in a day.  

The reason I like using this option for this particular vendor is because they have had problems with  their ordering system where you submit and pay for an order, but they don't see it - they chalk it up to "ghost orders" and their refund process takes about a month and that's after you've proved you never got the package.  They also have problems with delivery as it comes out the UK and they use USPS once it hits here (DHL out of the UK) and I've been able to dispute with paypal in these circumstances and not have to go through the vendors refund process prior to the withdrawal made.

@nat55 wrote:

Wow you need to work for PayPal at least you could give those who are having this problems with pay after delivery a decent answer.Smiley Wink but Bravo an answer that is acceptable finally. I was told that someone from an IP address in California tried to order something. I live no where near California. where is the security, where is the account protection.

Never got an email, call or nothing. Until I had contacted the CEO.

But the funny thing is that I was told I tried to use the pay after delivery 250 times on October 25th 2016. Wow I must have not went to work that day, to do all of that. Then I had called PP and I was able to use the PAD for 3 mins to buy something and then it was off again. But thank you for your answer. 

Login to Me Too

nat55
Contributor
Contributor

You are welcomed. Yes , I had called. And it came up for 3 minutes tops. So the items that I had in my watched list that I had needed I got immediately. I had also found this option difficult when it comes to the seller offering the Best Offer option. I used to select this option to get a better price for the item that I want to buy. (Problems). Actually it was an IP address. I was no where in OH when it happened. And I liked the part where I was trying to access it 250 times. It was a total of 50 times. And I got concerned, Never had any problems. And no one sent an email , or called me and said that someone with an IP address in California was trying to access my account, to get payment .. on a day that I was no where near my home computer. So that could have put up the flag. But no one said anything about it. And when I had contacted the CEO of Paypal, I was told what happened.

Login to Me Too

tiffaniey

I've actuallly had the same problem! I always use PAD and a coupl weeks ago I was checking out, changed my mind, went back to add something to the cart and then the option disappeared and I havent been able to use it since then!!! 😞

Login to Me Too

sewsewgrandma
Contributor
Contributor

These have to be the most ignorant people that they can possibly hire. Not trying to be mean but when I ask the same question a dozen times, seems like they would finally be able to understand and give me a sensible answer. So frustrating!

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

This is a member to member forum,most of us are just like you,few are PAYPAL staff.

I thought PAD stands for pay after delivery not pay after purchase.

What if your item arrives after 14 days,say 17,20 days? 

Login to Me Too

sewsewgrandma
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know but I actually had one arrive after the money had been taken out of my account. Paypal doesn't monitor to see if the item has shipped before taking money. I went back and looked and all of mine are 14 after placing the order, not delivery.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.