My money just disappeared!!!

RondalK

Hello!
I just made an eBay account and I had 10$ in my Paypal balance I wanted to by few small things I bought an 2 items for 0.99$ each and when I try to buy another item my eBay doesn't allow me to buy it! I look into my Paypal account and all the money has gone! When I check the history there is only 2 payments for 0.99$ and there is no other transaction displayed!
Where is my money???
Thanks!

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Blankandson

What are the details of the transaction on your PayPal account summary or activity page.  That provides the current information, not emails.

Login to Me Too

Blankandson
Contributor
Contributor

So you are suggesting that any email I receive from PayPal is false? Not to be believed? I've revceived others over the years identical to this one so I had nothing to suggest fraud. All we (PayPal users) have to go by is what we receive from PayPal and that is nearly always an email. I have never received a phone call telling me money is ready to be picked up.

Are you an employee of PayPal? I really don't sense a desire to be of help coming from your emails; rather a sense of  "shame on you - you should have not trusted the email". Correct me if I'm wrong here.

I have sent several other emails to PayPal and should hear something within 24 hours. They have the information you are refering to.

Robert Stephenson

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There are many spoofed email messages sent to unsuspecting members who do not look behind the spoof address.

No one here can see what is on your computrer and analyze the messages or see what is on your account.  Without seeing what is on your account activity screen there is no way to offer suggestions, but just ask questions until sufficient details are disclosed.

No, I am not a PayPal employee, but if you want direct help you will need to persist with phone calls to customer service for help.  Emails to PayPal will not resolve the problem.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You received email from PayPal showing a deposit into your account, that does not mean you have been paid these days.  You have to refer back to those emails and forward them to spoof@paypal.com to confirm.  I suspect you have been scammed, hope I'm wrong, but you can certainly bet your bippy that notifications can be faked or badly faked and still manage to trick people.  Scammers these days are quite enterprising and resourceful.  Do not underestimate them.  They count on you being trustful of the emails and off your guard.  Please update us if it was a glitch on PayPal's part or that payment was actually not sent, thanks.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Blankandsonjr
New Community Member

Problem was solved this morning. The buyer sent the money to an old PayPal account that I don't use anymore but had never closed. That exjplains why the transaction numbers didn't match the information. I have the money and it has already been transfered to my bank. I was so worried about being hacked that I have changed many of my passwords this morning so that is a good result. Thanks to Sharpiemarker for being patient with me when I was a little un-nerved.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Excellent news, thanks for the update!  Aw, it's all good, glad you were able solve the issue. Smiley Happy

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.