Missing refund

Daylin7
Contributor
Contributor
I have a refund pending since January 6th for a significant amount of money $1400. It says it’s still pending. I know sometimes it can take a few days but this seems ridiculous. I emailed PayPal and just got an automated response. I have called and talked to them twice. The second time the lady was very helpful but said she had to pass it along to another department and the would be in contact. Still nothing. I’m not sure what else to do. I’m starting to get very frustrated.
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

is it something you bought from an indvidual?

did you open a dispute,did you win?

if so,where?

if he has no fund in his account,then that 1400 put his account into negative territory.

Paypal can either wait for some payment to come in,either he has been asked to transfer some fund or someone send him payment and Paypal will pass it along to you.

if you win the Paypal dispute,and qualify for buyer protection,Paypal will have to refund you and then go after him.

Login to Me Too

Daylin7
Contributor
Contributor
No, I had purchased airline tickets for a last minute funeral and then immediately after I purchased them I canceled them because I realized I put the wrong date. The airline said I would receive a full refund no problem. The money came out of my bank account but now the refund has been pending since the 6th. I emailed PayPal and have called and they keep giving me the run around. The last lady I talked to was very nice and said she didn’t understand why it hadn’t been refunded yet either but she would have to pass it along to a different team. I still haven’t heard anything. The airline refunded it to pay pal so it’s pay pal that is just holding it. That’s why I am frustrated.
Login to Me Too

holacharo
Contributor
Contributor

This exact thing happened to me. I was told by customer service that it was a "technical issue" and there was no timeframe for fixing it. I also canceled a plane ticket within 24 hours. PayPal shows a "completed" refund the next day, but the money was not applied to my balance. I wonder how many other customers are waiting, how many thousands of dollars are stuck in limbo like this. I cannot get any help with this, either. I've tweeted, facebooked, called, and emailed.

Login to Me Too

Daylin7
Contributor
Contributor
Yup exact same thing!!! It’s been almost two months. I have called numerous times and they say they will pass it along. Then i started emailing just to get the same response every time. Then finally a “supervisor” emailed and said They would look into it. I said I don’t understand how a company that big can have a technical issue for that long. And it is one hundred percent them because the airline told me they refunded it the next day! I’m so irritated I don’t even know what to do! It’s like $1400.00
Login to Me Too

holacharo
Contributor
Contributor

I'm going to keep calling and if I get nowhere, I'm going to take them to small claims court. It is shocking that they can just "lose" your $1400 for two months. This is a serious technical flaw. If I get anywhere, I'll let you know. Good luck!

Login to Me Too

gapple12
I'm having the same issue, over 2 months now. Mangers, supervisors cant do anything, no help. All they say is its in with the technical dept. This is ridiculous. How can I take action on them ? I want my money.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.