Missing Refund

Vaco
New Community Member

So I had purchased around $300 from Nordstrom via Paypal, and for some reason my packages got lost during transit. Nordstrom took the hit for me and they told me they would refund my payments. For some reason they charged me 3 seperate times, in increments of $106, $55 and $116. After I had requested a refund, they had told me they had issued the whole $300 refund to my account. In the next upcoming days I saw 2 of the 3 refunds come into my account, the $106 and $55. The refund of $116 was no where to be found, so over the past 3 weeks I've been contacting Nordstrom and Paypal to figure out where the missing refund had gone. From Nordstrom I constantly had been given proof that the whole $300 had been requested to refund into my account, while on Paypal's side I was lied to telling me that my refund for the $116 had been in my account and I had withdrawn it, along with that I feel as if I've been left without any hope or help. Pretty much over the course of all the  responses from Paypal I was told to contact Nordstrom various times and it was their problem. And whenever I did contact Nordstrom they directed me back over to Paypal saying that they had already refunded the whole purchase. This has been going on over 10 times, just back and forth, and no side has stepped up and actually tried to help me. At this point I have no clue what to do, and it just seems as if I can't get my money back. I've sent Paypal the notice Nordstrom had given me saying that my money was refunded, and a couple of representatives from Paypal had clearly admited that only the $106 and $55 was refunded into my account. 

Also, a quick mention under the Payment that says $116 it said that I had been refunded $55 for it, it seems as if the refunds got mixed up, and no one is actually seeing it.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Yukonbill
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Definitely a frustrating situation. If you are unable to obtain your refund through the merchant you can Dispute the missing refund and attempt to resolve your issue though our resolution center.

If you’re unable to resolve your dispute, you can ask us to investigate by escalating the dispute to a claim. We will review the case and decide the outcome (usually within 30 days or less).

You can escalate to a claim any time within 20 calendar days from the date the dispute was opened. A dispute will automatically close if it isn't escalated to a claim within 20 days. Closed disputes cannot be reopened or escalated to a claim. Please check the Resolution Center to see any messages that are part of your dispute.

Here’s how to escalate a dispute to a claim.

1. Go to the Resolution Center.
  2. Click View next to the dispute you want to escalate.
  3. Click Escalate this dispute to a PayPal claim near the bottom of the page.
  4. Follow the instructions.
  5. Click Escalate to a claim.

What Happens Next?

We'll email you to let you know we received your claim and we'll continue to email you with updates and any action or information needed by you. We can usually decide cases in 30 days or less, but sometimes it can take longer. You can always check the status of your claim by visiting the Resolution Center.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.