Is it true that the Pay After Delivery program is ending next month?

Redwhiteblue66
New Community Member

Please say it isn't so. This is an awesome program, and one that I rely on both personally and in business. I will be crushed if the rumors are true. 😞

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

terrisampson
Contributor
Contributor
I am in Canada, and strangely enough I have not been able to use it on the 2 occasions I tried to. On February 23 PAD was an available payment method, but when I chose it, ebay kept telling me to 'use another payment method'. What it was actually doing though was charging me repeatedly for the item, but not allowing the global shipping portion to charge. So in Paypal later I could see multiple charges and instantaneous refunds *for the item* to my bank account, but no charge for the shipping. I ended up having to use my credit card to complete the purcbase. And what a mess the whole transaction was - after the item stopped tracking in Canada Post had not sown up 10 days after the sceduled delivery date, ebay refunded the shipoing **but not the item cost** and closed the claim 😞 so now I have to deal with this foolishness again which thus far had cost me 4 hours on the phone with Paypal CSRs who hung up on me after telling me they were 'checking resources', or left me on hold for over 30 minutes until I myself hung up. To cap it all off, And on my next purchase, I was not even offered PAD and I got the spiel about 'system security' and 'not available on every transaction'. I told them it had been available on EVERY SINGLE TRANSACTION I had made since it came out, no matter the cost or if there were disputes underway. PAD appears broken for *this* Canadian.
Login to Me Too

SL-SAIL
New Community Member

I am in Australia, I have been told today from PayPal call center it is ending on the 18th April 2018. I believe this is going to start impacting the world in the next few weeks. I have no reason to use paypal anymore. 

Login to Me Too

kpearsall80c
New Community Member

Exactly. Pay after delivery was the best reason to use paypal, and I think I'll just be using my credit card after April 18th.

Login to Me Too

terrisampson
Contributor
Contributor
An update - my PAD started working again a couple of days ago. Whatever the ebay/Paypal/Global Shipping snaffu was, it seems to at least resolved enough to give me that functionality back. Granted, my latest two purchases did not use global shipping.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.