Inputted Debit Card Number instead of Account Number

craduran
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everyone, I transfer my paypal credits yesterday to a wrong bank account number. I input the debit card number instead of the bank account number. I worry because the status is now completed.

This is my first time using paypal so please bare with me. Any suggestions or any answers that can lower my anxiety about this? lol. If ever it will bounce back to my paypal account, how many days will it take?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Completed means that PayPal processed your request to withdraw.  Now normally you have to wait 3-5 business days for the money to arrive, but if there is problem the bank usually contact PayPal in a week about it and PayPal will notify you.   If withdraw is returned you may be assessed a fee.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

craduran
Contributor
Contributor
yeah It's okay, at least I have some of the money not all of it 😄
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

are you transferring fund to your bank account or withdrawing fund from your bank account?

that debit card you used,is it linked to your bank account?

Login to Me Too

craduran
Contributor
Contributor

I'm transferring from paypal to bank account.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

He is asking if the debit card related to your bank account? 

Login to Me Too

MildredDee
Contributor
Contributor

same thing happened to me, i have input my debit card number instead of my bank account number..

so how long does it take for paypal to send  back the money? i hope i'd get a quick response, im abit worried. 😞

but yeah it was my debit card number as well.. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.