I need your help please

Supremelolo
Contributor
Contributor

I was trying to send money to someone and I sent the money to the wrong person and I filed a dispute and it didnt help me at all I sent the person I sent the money to a email and he never responded so I dont know what do to help me please I need Ideas

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Did you send it as personal payment?  Personal payments are not covered by buyer protection though.  Personal payments is the same as sending cash, I'm afraid.  No refunds.  You can file a dispute to try to resolve the situation with the recipient but PayPal won't rule in your favor.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Supremelolo
Contributor
Contributor

yes I did sadly 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Perhaps it's just the weekend or on vacation and the recipient didn't get a chance to check email.  Give them some time to respond.  Is the dispute still open?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Supremelolo
Contributor
Contributor

No the dispute is closed because I sent the money it wasnt like me being hacked so the dispute doesnt help but I emailed him last week and he never responded so idk what to do

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

is there really a person on the other end?

if it is not a valid email address,the money would not be claimed and will return to you in 30 days.

do you know that person?

or if yiu have used a credit card,just file chargeback.

Login to Me Too

Supremelolo
Contributor
Contributor

Well the money was claimed in under a minute so it may have been auto claimed because I dont think he is active and the people on customer support said if he does not send the money back then i am **bleep**

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

do you know this person?

THERE Is no such thing as 'auto claimed;.sounds like there is such a paypal account with that email address,so the money is his now.

unless you know the person,give him a call.

did youuse your credi card? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.