I'm not seeing my refund yet. How long does it take?

Red5oxFan13
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a couple things a few days ago for around $145 and it apparently went through, but then the company canceled the transaction and issued me a refund. I got the email from the company and paypal saying my refund was issued. When I look on my recent payment history on paypal it shows the transaction and it says refunded but the money is not in my bank account or my paypal account.

I paid directly from my bank account not a credit card. How long will it be for me to see my refund?

Login to Me Too
152 REPLIES 152

Soniqe11
New Community Member

On May 6, 2014 make a purchase of $ 32.63 to fragancenet.
The payment expired and was never charged
And the evolution of today June 20, 2014 I have not received my money back.
Because Paypal takes your money within seconds of your bank account and not take months or more to return it soon.

Paypal not offers option to dispute this case, that I can do?

Login to Me Too

JulieBird35
New Community Member
I am in the same boat. I got the confirmation emails from paypal and half.com saying I was refunded my $5.47 and that was on July 8th and I used my debit card which means it goes back into my bank account. I have yet to see that show back up in my bank account and it has been 3 days. This totally concerns me! All I want is my money back people.
Login to Me Too

saturn456
Contributor
Contributor

it's been loger than that 4 me i doubt we will see our money i will not use pay pal again 2 many complaints

Login to Me Too

maddog3629

its been 8 days for me i know it is supposed to take buisness days but the answer to this said 2-4 days and well i got the refund on 8/12/14 and its 8/20/14 thats still  6 buisness days when it said 2-4 i have another refund that i issued yesterday i sure hope i get both back 

Login to Me Too

maddog3629

sorry my previous statement was wrong im using a Echecking thing so that mean that it can take up to 7 days i should get the payment by tomorrow if not i will come back to forum to complain more 😉

Login to Me Too

lrdecker
Contributor
Contributor

I finally received my refund which was a large amount of money but I was concerned because Pay Pal was giving me the wrong information to request it.  Finally, someone who knew what they were doing told me the correct way to request a refund and it was refunded back to my bank account.  Now I don't know if I will  use Pay Pal for ordering again.

Login to Me Too

saturn456
Contributor
Contributor

what's the correct way

Login to Me Too

lrdecker
Contributor
Contributor

I don't have the email anymore or the person's name but it was a link that worked easily.  I would suggest emailing Pay Pal and making sure it is the correct link since I was given a couple of links that did not work.

Login to Me Too

Rmejia07

I have the same problem . I got the refund on July 10th 
I don't know what to do??? Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too

prettypersian20
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased an item July 2 on ebay and the last estimated date was Aug 22. I hadn't recieved it by then so I messaged seller next day. They were closed the 23 and 24 message said. After I sent message to them I finally got it late the 23. I sent message 23 and 24 telling them to ignore item not recieved message that everything's OK. Look Monday 25 and see they issued refund! I see money was put in PayPal but it disappeared saying it went to card and to this minute that transaction is nowhere. Problem is now the item is now in my eBay unpaid order history on purchase page. I was going to send back the money but I can't find where it actually is. It is a prepaid debit card and refund should have showed up by now. What to do? Its not like I can keep refund cause I have to pay seller and I don't want to pay twice for item.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.