I'm not seeing my refund yet. How long does it take?

Red5oxFan13
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a couple things a few days ago for around $145 and it apparently went through, but then the company canceled the transaction and issued me a refund. I got the email from the company and paypal saying my refund was issued. When I look on my recent payment history on paypal it shows the transaction and it says refunded but the money is not in my bank account or my paypal account.

I paid directly from my bank account not a credit card. How long will it be for me to see my refund?

Login to Me Too
152 REPLIES 152

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mazzy3

ok that does seem overlong !! Think you will have to call them BUT  >>

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or press 0.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Leyton

PLEASE HELP

My account says I was refunded on Jan 7, 2014, but my bank account still does not show the refund.

Does paypal have a customer service hotline?

Login to Me Too

Quante
New Community Member
I placed a order for 79.99 and the man refunded me my money but is not showing Up in my account or my debit card and it's been 4 days now what's going on
Login to Me Too

negativeutopia
Contributor
Contributor

I had a $10 refund issued to my account on January 20; a temporary hold was up on it, but removed on the 22nd.  The money has still not appeared in my bank account, though (over two weeks later).  Why the incredible delay?

Login to Me Too

pageantmama
New Community Member

I got an email that said a seller refunded money, because what I got had flaws. When I check my paypal, no money is refunded. I look at my statement, and still nothing listed as *recived* Can i get this investegated. I have a $10.00 pening, because I thought I had money, I should have checked  😞

Login to Me Too

james122
Contributor
Contributor

This is the usual problem with refunding money, but as far as i know it can take up to 30 days to appear on your credit card statement.If the refund was sent more than 60 days after the original transaction, the refund will be credited to your PayPal balance.

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

It takes just as long as pay pal wants it to take , they are earning interest off everyone's money and the longer they hold it the more they make

Login to Me Too

qwe123asd
New Community Member

Where is my refund. If you can post payment on the same day as my order then why can't you post a refund the same day it is sent to you? You got paid the same day from my credit card when placing the order so what's up?? When it comes to taking my money that happens the same day and is posted instantly but when it's time for you to refund it's what ever how long it takes to make transaction. I would think money could transfer both ways at the same speed. When I receive a refund from any business the funds must be returned the same way as purchased, and these transaction if I'm using credit show up on my credit card normally the same day so what's up with paypal??? Some people could think you are hanging onto their money as long as possible to generate a larger cash flow for yourself. So wheres the money?

Login to Me Too

mpty_dreamz

I was providing payment to (Name Removed) in the amount of $95.83 on 2/15/2014. This payment was for his percentage of commission from the Sketch Series Compilations he assisted in providing artwork as per request of customer while employed recently with Kpizzle Designs.  After I sent the payment (Name Removed) contacted me via telephone and explained that he had signed the Commission Donation Application which stated that any monies acquired in excess//after Labor and item /account totals each signed individual would donate his/her percent of commision to favorite local charity.  

(Name Removed) said he would simply just issue a refund of the payment from his paypal account where payment was received this morning.  (Name Removed) refunded the total $95.83 in an attempt to return the payment he received but had waived.

(Name Removed) issued the refund at 9:57a.m. and I received the refund however $80.00 has been "Placed"  by and a Temporary Hold has been placed on the $80.00 I sent with my paypal balance as payment originallyr.  How long must I wait for paypal to release my funds.  The website says I will be contacted shortly  but it has been over 6 hous since (Name Removed) first issued the Refund of payment back to my account.  How much longer will I be waiting for the refund to clear and be released of its hold.

Login to Me Too

panchobalt
I also bought an item, a PlayStation 4 for $69.99, and turns out that as soon as I buy it, the website disappears, no longer exists, a few moments later, the person who stole my money sends a voicemail saying "You just got trolled, idiot".Right after that, i go here to PayPal and ask for money refund, I submited he was a fraud and it has been about 2 weeks and still no action taken, are they just waiting for the fraud to transfer the money to another email and thus not be able to give me my money.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.