I can't buy from GOG.com using my Paypal account

moneydosh
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase a few weeks ago but due to some bad timing on my part it tried to get a payment out of my checking when there wasn't quite enough money.

After the mishap I added money to my checking and tried again and the payment went through.

However, I haven't been able to use my Paypal checking to buy from GOG since then, and since my bank's credit card refuses to work with GOG I'm basically stuck waiting until my checking account works with Paypal again.

I know it's not a bank account problem because I was able to use my Paypal checking to buy from Bandcamp the other day.

Why is it taking so long for my Paypal checking to be free to buy from GOG.com again?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

iubjaved
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi there,

If a requested payment from a bank account failed, paypal usually removes the said bank account from your paypal. However , you can add it again and make purcahses. 

I would suggest you try contacting PayPal customer support for futher assistance, in case this doesn't answer your question. 

Login to Me Too

moneydosh
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to remove both the bank account in question and the backup debit card and it said "We are not able to process your request. Please try again later." It's been like this since I pushed through the updated payment.

Login to Me Too

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

As this is a peer to peer communtiy, account specific questions such as yours should be redirected to customer support.  As this is a public forum, no one here can review your account information.  You can contact them via the Help link, on the next page, click on Contact Customer Support, from there you can phone or email.

Login to Me Too

moneydosh
Contributor
Contributor

Alright, I guess.

Although now I can't even add a *new* card because it won't let me add a new billing address.

I'm really irritated at how Paypal's account interface tells me so little about what's going on when something doesn't function right. Just saying.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.