Filing Fraudulent Activity

xRONNI3x
Contributor
Contributor
Alright so here is a long story short. My friend was selling an item and need to use my ebay to sell said item. Well the item sold and the money was deposited into my paypal account. So I gave them my card info and they took the money off and we called it a day. Well turns out the item that they sold the buyer was defective and the buyer asked for a refund. We told him no and then he filed a claim. He won it in the end and now my paypal is $-400+ in the red. So I told my friend that they needed to pay back when they owed cause I now have paypal and their collection agency blowing up my phone wonder where their money is. My friend said they are doing their best to come up with the money. It's been almost 2 months now and I have yet to see a single dime of what they owe me. So now I'm trying to file a fraudulent transaction but I dint know how to go about it. What all should I do? And what are the steps I should take? They don't take what they want and **bleep** me over when the tides turn. I dint care one bit to take them down and get what I'm owed before they attack my credit.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

How are you going to claim fraud when you personally authorized someone to use your eBay and then your personally provided your friend with your credit card information?

Are you going to phone your credit card bank and explain that your friend used your card fraudently?

However, I suggest you a replacement card as your friend has your credit card information and can use it for purchases online.

I also suggest you change your passwords for your eBay account and you online credit card account.

As for recovering fudns, that will be a personal issue between you and your friend--hopefully ex-friend. This was an expensive learning experience on how to manage your financial information and credit.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

How are you going to claim fraud when you personally authorized someone to use your eBay and then your personally provided your friend with your credit card information?

Are you going to phone your credit card bank and explain that your friend used your card fraudently?

However, I suggest you a replacement card as your friend has your credit card information and can use it for purchases online.

I also suggest you change your passwords for your eBay account and you online credit card account.

As for recovering fudns, that will be a personal issue between you and your friend--hopefully ex-friend. This was an expensive learning experience on how to manage your financial information and credit.

Login to Me Too

xRONNI3x
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping I could call fraudulent charges on them and get my money out of them to fix this problem. But looks like I'm gonna have to resort to taking care of this the old fashion way I suppose. Thanks for the help.
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

never let anyone use your Ebay and Paypal account,and never give them your cc .

You have a  negative balance with Paypal,better plug that hole.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.