Dispute transaction

ansonvergens
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

Someone hacked my Paypal account, used my card to make unauthorized transactions. Then, he of course, changed the password and closed the account.

The problem is I do not want to reopen the same account (what then?) to file a dispute to Paypal for this transaction. I opened another account and now I am sending this.

Why is it so difficult to send an email to the Paypal company, concerning any matter?

Why do they NOT have a simple tel. to call to in my current country in Europe?

I think i is very difficult to get in touch with the company. SHAME ON THEM!!!

Can please anybody help?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Tricia
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @ansonvergens

I'm sorry to hear of the unauthorized activity and trouble reaching us.

No need to worry! We offer protection in situations of unauthorized account activity. As you're unable to log into the account, you'll want to reach out to us via phone. Once an account has been closed, it cannot be reopened. 

You mentioned you had trouble finding a way to contact us. Just scroll to the bottom of any page on our site, select the help & contact button on the right side. From here you can search our help center and find our contact information, including a number to reach us. 

I hope this information helps! 

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

ansonvergens
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Tricia!

This has not helped at all!

It is ridiculous to send me a U.S. phone, since I am a citizen of Greece, in Europe.

I have tried any other way, even completed a survey Paypal sent me.

No solution.

I would like a proper email sent to me by a Paypal representative, so I can provide the right info fir my case.

Please.

Pretty please.

Sincerely,

Ted.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @ansonvergens

I'm sorry the US link was sent to you. Have you tried going to PayPal.com from a browser, scrolling to the bottom of the page, selecting the "Help & Contact" link, and then selecting the "Call Customer Support" link? If not, I recommend doing so as this will get you the contact information you're looking for. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.