Cant cancel unclaimed payment.

TanB
New Community Member

I sent a donation which has not been claimed. I would now like to cancel it. However there is no option to cancel. I have googled how to cancel an unclaimed payment which is as follows:

Here's how to cancel an unclaimed payment:
  1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Activity near the top of the page.
  3. Click on the transaction you'd like to cancel.
  4. Click Cancel in the "Order status/Actions" column of the transaction in question.
  5. Click Cancel Payment.

However there is no 'order status/actions' option on my page. So i've been unable to cancel.

Please advise

Thanks

Tan

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

tstviking
would like to cancel my order
Login to Me Too

WillPrins
New Community Member

I have an unclaimed payment older that 3 months and it did not return to me!  It was done on 19 Feb with id8DU35758WF428930W

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@WillPrins wrote:

I have an unclaimed payment older that 3 months and it did not return to me!  It was done on 19 Feb with id8DU35758WF428930W

are yu sure it is unclaimed?

it may be a wrong email addy but it could be a valid one and someone is enjoying your money !

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I have never heard of sender able to cancel a payment,if the recipient has not open a Paypal account,it comes back to you after 30 days,but if it is a valid Paypal email address,then the recipient gets the mony,he/she does not have to claim it ,nor can the sender cancel the payment.

if this is possible,then Ebay buyers would be cancelling payments left and right due to buyer remorse,fraud or a full moon !

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

A sender can cancel the payment IF, the email address turns out is unregistered/doesn't exist, ie typo, AND is marked as unclaimed/Pending on the sender's end.  I have told people to cancel their payment and resend to correct email address before because they sent a payment to a contact email address that I've never registered with PayPal.

See https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/can-i-cancel-a-paypal-payment-faq637

That said, if the wrong email address was registered, then you have to wait the 30 days for the payment to be refunded.  Refunds work like this and have these ETAs:

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/i-want-a-refund.-how-do-refunds-work-faq3248 so check your funding source for the refund or reach out to PayPal for assistance to look for the refund.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

MeekL
YOU CAN CANCEL UNCLAIMED PAYMENTS. LOG INTO YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT FROM A LAPTOP/DESKTOP. IT DOESN’T WORK FROM THE APP. 👍🏾
Login to Me Too

yolt02
New Community Member

thanks hips. that explains everything. Wait for 30 days and the money is sent back

Login to Me Too

avycius

There is no activity bottom. in my acount. and there isnt bottom with cancel. i added some pictures. IMG_6520.jpgIMG_6521.jpg

Login to Me Too

kenny123456
Contributor
Contributor

I don't see it 

Login to Me Too

CWauchope

It does not. There is no cancel option. Did you read OP's message?!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.