Can't withdraw funds although I added a mastercard and visa card.

Artey
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, a few weeks ago I added a mastercard to my paypal account and when I tried to withdraw funds, it told me that I have to add a bank account. I called paypal customer service (god knows how many times, lost a lot of money calling them, even emailed them but they weren't helpful for once) but they told me mastercards are used to send funds whereas visa cards are used to withdraw. Today I added a visa card and it keeps telling me the same thing: "You'll need to add a bank account" What am I supposed to do, I'm not in US and I can't add an US bank account.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Artey

As paypal is country specific and you have declined to actually say what country you are in then sorry can't help.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Artey
Contributor
Contributor
Who said I have declines to say what country I'm in? I've clearly selected my country when asked to.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You have stated you are not in the U. S.   You have VERY CLEARLY DECLINED to state your country.

I couldn't find it anywhere in your posts; that means you delcined to provide the details.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Artey

Well we can't ''see'' your account and you have not told us what country you are in and continued to not say so bye.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Artey
Contributor
Contributor

Well honestly I'm new to paypal, excuse me if I pulled myself as an unfriendly person, I'm from Albania and by no mean did I try to hide my country or any details necessary to solve my problem. It's just been like 3 months of changing cards already and I'm clueless to what is going on. I actually thought posting my problem on the forums would help me, so thanks to all of you taking the time to respond to a clueless person. If you need me to answer any questions, I will. Just do provide me with valuable tips how to fix the problem, thanks a lot.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor
Send:Send funds without sharing your financial information.
  • Mastercard
  • Visa
  • American Express
  • Discover
Receive:Receive funds quickly from anyone with an email address in the 203 countriesand regions that accept PayPal.
  • Mastercard
  • Visa
  • American Express
  • JCB
  • Discover
  • Switch
  • Solo
  • Giropay
  • Express Checkout
  • PayPal
Withdraw:Withdraw funds from your PayPal account:
  • To your Visa card issued in Albania.
  • To your US bank account.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I think the VISA card Paypal is looking for is a Bank Visa card issued by a local bank which is part of VISA Europe.

ask your bank if they know of any ALbanian bank which is part of VISA Europe,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.