transfer time from paypal to usaa

millachill
Contributor
Contributor
Hello I am about to start getting my paychecks through PayPal and was wondering how much time it takes to transfer funds from PayPal to a usaa account that is linked & confirmed? If it takes several days I think I'm going to have to find an alternate way. Thanks for the input!!
Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@millachill

Depends what option they select when they pay you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

millachill
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry to keep asking questions but what option should I tell my boss to select to get my money the quickest you think? Thank you very much for the reply!!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@millachill

Send money > friends / family.

If they fund it from their bank accounts OR funds in their paypal account balance there is NO FEE. The fee is only applied if they fund the payment from a card.

The funds should show in your paypal account balance pretty much instantly but allow a couple of hours.

BUT make sure they imput the email address correctly without any typos because if they make a mistake and it goes elsewhere you can't get that type of payment back again.

You can then withdraw the funds to any bank account you have linked and verified to your paypal account (not a card), and if you are in the U.S I believe it takes about 3 -4 days to transfer but best check that as I am not in the U.S and ours is much quicker.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

millachill
Contributor
Contributor
Hmmmm yeah I'm down definitely going to have to sit and talk with him and review my options before he does anything. Thanks again for the speedy reply!!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@millachill

Don't you have direct bank transfer over there?

My employer pays my pay directly into my bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

millachill
Contributor
Contributor
Well the problem is I work for a person and not really a company but yes we have direct bank to bank transfers but a lot of the banks will hold transfers for an undetermined amount of time so they can make interest off the money for free
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@millachill

Gosh that sounds worse than paypal holds.   Smiley Surprised

If i pay someone by bank transfer and i pay everyone including the man that cleans my windows that way..........its in their bank account in seconds.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

millachill
Contributor
Contributor
Your telling me...most banks in the US are run by soulless demons pretending to be human beings and for some reason they are allowed to get away with doing things like that because they are rich and have the right last name
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Bank trasnfers and activity are mainly electroninc and operate accoring to U. S. banking and financial rules.  There are a lot of rules and regulations in place to protect depositors and banks.  PayPal needs also to follow regulations.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.