Trying to send money to a friend, but my credit card isn't showing up under payment methods

toddedm
New Community Member

I'm trying to send money to help a friend tonight. I have sufficient funds on my credit card, which is linked to my paypal and has worked plenty of times.

So I go to "send money to friends" or even "pay for goods or services"

I go to change the payment method from "PayPal balance" to my credit card, and my credit card isn't showing up. It only has "PayPal balance" and my bank account (my savings account) as payment methods.

Well guess what? The money isn't in my balance and it isn't in my savings account. It's on my credit card.

Why is my credit card, which is linked to my account, not a viable payment method? 

On my mother's paypal account, she can send money to friends and pay for goods and services with her credit card, and her credit card appears as a payment method perfectly fine?

What is going on? I love paypal but god, it's stuff like this that makes it basically unusable sometimes. :l

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Sending from a credit card is only for goods/services with a nice fee charged.

If you are still having problems, suggest you call PayPal custoemr service and talk to an agent.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.