Transfers take to long

RosevilleSteve
Contributor
Contributor

I work in the Banking industry and there is no reason for a transfer from a paypal account to a verfied checking account to take 3-5

days.

My guess is that Paypal is able to earn interest on funds held in "limbo"  while we wait for the funds to finally be processed and posted. 

Interesting note, ever wonder why it take less than 24 hours to post if you use your checking account as the funding source for a payment processed through Paypal.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Really? I paid a cheque over the counter into my branch of my bank the other day and was told it would take 3-5 days to clear.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RosevilleSteve
Contributor
Contributor

The difference is that my paypal transfer is verified (In the account) funds, transfered via electronic means. 

Your check is a whole different issue.  Electronic means no paper, no uncertianty regarding the funds backing the transaction.

In todays age there is no rational for an electronic transfer to take between 3-5 days.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@RosevilleSteve

It's my understanding that PayPal waits 24 hours before initiating the transfer.

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.