Transfer complete but ban shows declined

Bowloforange

Hello,

I have called paypal about this as soon as it happened yesterday and they said I'd recieve an email confirming it's being investigated but have yet to recieve email. 

I requested a transfer from my bank account to paypal balance. I later realized I would not have the funds to make the transfer complete. Unable to find a way to cancel, my bank should have declined the transfer as I had no back up payment options. However I recieved the money in my balance and email confirms it is complete. I called my bank and they said they did not send the funds and it was declined. I now have $2,000 in my paypal balance and have no idea where it came from. Paypal says it came from the bank account number that tells me they declined the charge and did not send anything.

Any help please?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

thats between you and your bank,nothing we can do,just dont spend the money,sooner or later they will find the mistake,someone would be reporting they are short of $2000

Login to Me Too

Bowloforange
Thank you for the quick response. Should I transfer it to my bank account then or keep it in my balance?
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The only thing you should do is phone your bank and ask.  Then, just wait.

Login to Me Too

Bowloforange
Okay thanks. I did call my bank and they keep telling me the transfer was declined and did not go through. I understand just waiting I'm just nervous neither paypal or my bank can tell me what to do with this money. I don't want it. I cannot pay it back.
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Do nothing,just leave it as found.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.