TD Bank Account Cannot be added

ANesta
Contributor
Contributor

I've traded several emails and calls with Paypal and they haven't been able to resolve so I'm wondering if anyone in the community has had a similar problem and have been able to resolve.

I have a chequing account with TD Bank in Massachusetts. The routing number for the account is 211370545. After several attempts I have been unable to add this bank account. After talking to several people at Paypal I was able to determine that the reason for this is that Paypal considers that routing number to be for prepaid accounts rather than a standard bank account. Because of that classification Paypal is unable to add the bank account under any circumstances.

TD Bank is one of the largest banks in the northeast and that routing number is the one that they use for all accounts in Massachusetts and Rhode Island so there are 10s of thousands of bank accounts affected by this issue if that is in fact the case.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or have any ideas for resolution?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

ANesta
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

That link is just to support on the TD Bank side. I've connected with them as well and I believe the problem is on the Paypal side not with TD

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ANesta

Did you not read the question that the user asked and the reply given about confirming it and the link posted?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ANesta
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

The link in that post is to confirm the routing number. If you open the link it contains the same routing number that I listed in my original post and have tried several times.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.