Unsatisfactory non eBay purchase paid through paypal

He11ep
Contributor
Contributor

I saw an item in a store I would like to buy. Decided to order and was asked to pay in full and the order would take about 4 weeks. They said payment was through PayPal but as it was expensive I paid by credit card.  This payment went to the sellers PayPal account. When the item was manufactured and I went to see it prior to deliver I was very disappointed with the defects I saw and the finish.  I told the seller this and he became aggressive and said I had paid and it was my item no discussion.  He then locked me out of the showroom.  What I am wondering is if I have any PayPal protection as the value is quite a lot.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@He11ep

Go and file for item received but not as described via the ''resolve a problem link'' lower left of your paypal summary page.

Put in ALL the information and escalate to a claim when you get that option.

If you did not log in and pay but paid as a guest buyer then contact customer services and they will open one for you >>>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

He11ep
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for that!  No I didn't. Log in as I knew there wasn't. Enough to pay the amount but I just gave the credit card to pay and noticed the payment had gone into their PayPal.  Does this make a difference?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.