Someone sent me money to another email account

rogeliogzzc
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have 2 email accounts (1 for my bussiness, and another one that is registered on paypal)

My problem is, someone sent me a payment to my bussinness email (the email that is not registered on paypal)

Can I sent that money to my registered email account?

The thing is that i do not want to create another account 😞

Thanks in advance 

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rogeliogzzc

If its showing as unclaimed and asking you to create an account to claim it then you can't send it anywhere as it has not been claimed yet.

You could always ADD that business email address to your paypal account as you can have 8 email addresses on the one paypal account, if you do that and verify it the funds should automatically come with it.

You can always remove it at a later date.

OR just don't claim it and it will return to the sender after 30 days from payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rogeliogzzc
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

I did not know that, thanks so much! 🙂

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rogeliogzzc, just to tell the sender to cancel the payment since the email address they sent it to is unregistered and send it to the correct email address for your PayPal.  Better than to wait 30 days or add an email address that you may not want to add to PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sharpiemarker

They can only cancel if it is an invalid email address ie one that does not exist at all.

If it does exist and is correct then the recipient will be asked to claim it by opening an account and there will be no cancel option on the buyers side.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No, if the email address is not ever registered to a PayPal account,  the sender, not the recipient, can cancel it.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sharpiemarker

Cancel if mis-spelt, you cannot if it is valid.

And why go to the bother of telling a buyer to cancel it when you can add the email addy to your paypal account and the funds will come with it in seconds??

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/article/FAQ2327

See first method.

If the money is marked unclaimed from the sender's end, they can cancel it.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sharpiemarker

Comes up page no longer available !!!! Maybe an old one?

Anyway as i said above why bother the buyer to cancel and send again when he can add that email address to his paypal account and the funds will come with it in seconds??

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Because you have UK PayPal that is why you can't see it, I suspect.  You have to go into PayPal US site and click through o the help center. It's a cookie thing.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.