Refund not credited back to Paypal Credit account

nikkiscaaag
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase through Bloomingdales and then did the return in store, on July 1st.  I have not received the refund back to my Paypal credit account and have contacted Bloomingdales and they said it has already been refunded but when I talk to anyone from paypal they tell me to contact the store. It has almost been two weeks and there has been no refund back on my account. Should I file the dispute or is there anything I can do on my end because neither parties have been very helpful.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What is on your refund paper receipt?

Does the purchase show up in your PayPal activity list?

Does the purchase show up on your PayPal Credit activity list?

Login to Me Too

nikkiscaaag
Contributor
Contributor

On the paper receipt it says it was refunded to paypal.

The purchase shows on my paypal account and paypal credit but there is no refund showing on either one.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What are the detrails associated with the PayPal activity transaction?

This is a user forum and we cannot see your account detaisl, and those details are needed to help figure out the problem.

In then end, though, you will probably need to keep working with PayPal as we don't have sufficient information.

Login to Me Too

nikkiscaaag
Contributor
Contributor

It shows the purchase I made on June 26th, and the amount went through Paypal Credit.  There are no other transactions posted after that date with the merchant. I made the return on July 1st in store and got the receipt that said it was returned to paypal but nothing has posted on my account for almost 2 weeks. I call the store and it says to call my bank because there is nothing they can do on their end, and all paypal tells me to do is wait 3-5 business days, which I have already waited, or file a dispute which I have tried to do but it never goes through because when I go to enter the amount I am expected to receive, it says error.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.