Receive Payment

Karinna329
New Community Member
I'm selling an item outside of eBay and the guy I'm selling it to wants to pay me through PayPal but I haven't received my payment yet and he says that he got an email saying that I got a message for my payment and I don't have any messages on paypal. How do I receive the payment?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

BE VERY CAREFUL, LOTS OF SCAMS ABOUT DO NOT SEND ANYTHING UNLESS THE MONEY IS SHOWING IN YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT.

1. Are you sending internationally? ie Nigeria?

2. Is it a large item where a courier / shipping agent may be used?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Karinna329
New Community Member
Yeah he wants the item for his grandson and I have to ship it to africa. He said that I should have gotten an email to receive my payment and I haven't. I checked my paypal and I don't see the money pending or in my paypal account. Do I have to confirm it or something? It's my first time getting a payment through PayPal so I don't know the process.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

ITS A SCAM,

They ask you to accept paypal and always want you to ship it to some relative in Nigeria or similar.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Most scams originate from Nigeria.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.