Pay After Delivery

lindap630
Contributor
Contributor

Why do I not have the Pay After Delivery feature since yesterday on Ebay purchases?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It's up to PayPal to offer the feature or not and how your account is setup also plays a factor.

The Pay After Delivery payment option allows qualifying buyers to purchase eligible items and wait up to 14 days to pay for them. The PAD payment option is only available for eligible purchases under $10,000.00 and is not available to all buyers. In order to use PAD, qualifying buyers must have a valid checking or other qualifying account at a bank which is linked to their PayPal Account and identified as their primary bank account from which funding transfers may be withdrawn; if there is no valid linked bank account then PAD will not be available, even if the qualifying buyer has used PAD before. Where a buyer and item purchased are eligible for PAD, which shall be determined in PayPal's sole discretion, buyer may choose the PAD payment option at the time of purchase. Although PayPal will not impose a fee for a buyer's use of PAD, it is possible a third party, such as the financial institution holding the primary bank account, may impose a fee in connection with the payment or purchase, in addition to the amount of the transaction.

Login to Me Too

lindap630
Contributor
Contributor

I've been using this feature for weeks and now all of a sudden I do not see that option when checking out in Ebay, never had a problem before, seems like there's something that just changed.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

At this point, all we suggest is that you follow-up with customer support with your concerns.

Login to Me Too

BigAudio
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem, lindap630, as is my wife, some friends, and a colleague.  So far I've had three different responses from PayPal Customer Service, one stating that some sellers are now refusing P.A.D payments (??), one saying that there are things being investigated and they will respond in due course, and one saying they have no idea what the problem is!

The annoying this the misleading message you get when you try to pay, "this bank account (****) cannot be used at this time. Please use a different payment method from your PayPal account.", which is a load of cobblers - it only fails with P.A.D, not ordinary instant payments.  The message makes you think you've got problems with your bank account!

As I say, I know of half a dozen people this is effecting now, all with sellers that have accepted P.A.D in the past without problems.

Come on, PayPal, sort it out!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.