Problem with refund

azuzic
Contributor
Contributor
Hello seller wanna refund me but we have a problem Down is all informations! Error from seller:http://imgur.com/Ur5Qbpb From: the-amp-centre To: azuzic Subject: Re: Request to cancel this order: azuzic sent a message about ZB155 Behringer C-1 Studio Condenser Microphone #301823695225 Sent Date: Jan-09-16 06:11:41 PST Dear azuzic, Hi there Believe me , we have been trying t cancel your order since our return from Christmas / New Year Public Holidays (Monday 4th Jan) As we explained in our email this week, we could not cancel this order initially because there was a paypal case open for it, opened as a return with the reason Item Not as Described'. This was obviously not the case as we hadn't dispatched it on your request because you didn't want it sending anymore. I understand this paypal case is now closed, b on trying to cancel your order we keep getting the following error message: "Unfortunately, we weren't able to cancel your order You can't cancel this order right now because there's a case open for it" This is eBays message - so I dont know why this is the case. I will contact eBay first thing Monday and find out why. This might be a technical glitch (caused by the paypal case) because the paypal case you opened said you had received it (item not as described - return) Please let me assure you that we are not delaying cancelling this - If you want to contact eBay and explain this situation this may speed things along,a s we are prevented from cancelling this by them at the moment. Ether way I will contact them Monday when I am back at work and see if they can override this error. Sellers are not supposed to refund buyers outside of the ' cancellation of transaction' as doing so can cause eBay to restrict our account by not complying with their rules. I have attached the error we get to show you that this isnt us but eBay that are preventing us doing this. Kindest Regards Jane - the-amp-centre   
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Are you buyer or seller?

What was for sale?

Who paid?

Who asked for refund?

Was refund provide?

Please provide step by step accounting of what took place.

Login to Me Too

azuzic
Contributor
Contributor
Hello i'm buyer but error for cancel was from seller. I asked for refund . I have been open case im ebay..after seller approved my case i closed the case. After he didnt answer 2 days i open the case on paypal- he didnt can do cancel becauce case was open with nothere reson (i didnt see as option cancel a transaction) Now every time when he wanan refund my money he get this error. I think there is one solution - make refund as new transaction with message refund for transaction ( number or transaction)
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What error is the seller getting when attepting to refund?  Are you sure this is not just an excuse to not refund?

You could try with PayPal, just rember to not close a case before resolution.

Login to Me Too

azuzic
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

seler gets error "Unfortunately, we weren't able to cancel your order You can't cancel this order right now because there's a case open for it" yes because i did make a test order from seller and he refunded..on ebay he have 100% positve feedback so i'm sure that is not excuse  for not refund 😄

Paypal case was open now it closed because he writed me this

"As we explained in our email this week, we could not cancel this order initially because there was a paypal case open for it, opened as a return with the reason Item Not as Described'. This was obviously not the case as we hadn't dispatched it on your request because you didn't want it sending anymore. I understand this paypal case is now closed, b on trying to cancel your order we keep getting the following error message"

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.