Person sent money via Friends and family....but it isn't in my account. It has been 24 hrs

theWestFamily
Contributor
Contributor

Someone sent me money via Friends and Family. i saw them do it. The money is not in my account. How can this be? They were on a secure connection and it was in fact paypal's site.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

theWestFamily
Contributor
Contributor

It turned out there was a problem with his card--but it wasn't that he didnt have money--but paypal didn't let him know when he put the payment through. He got a confirmation!!!!

I think we wasted 17 hours of life trying to figure this out. If the card is no good (not the issue) or if there is anything wrong....the sender should NOT  get a "Money sent!! Confirmation" notice from Paypal. He got one immediately and sent for proof.

We recieved no notice that anything was wrong, and neither did he. Since we cannot dispute something that apparently neverf happened, I guess I will just hope someoen reads this. And Cares. And hopefully that person works for paypal.

I think Paypal should notify sender or recipients if something is wrong...Not send a green YOU SENT MONEY message from paypal....It causes harm to relationships when peoepl feel like you are accusing them of lying. Thanks a bunch.

I am  upset. I am not a young one, have MS,, and 17 hours of life is very valuable to me. I would like a refund of that please.....oh right.

Anyway, thanks man for the suggestions.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@theWestFamily

Double check the email addy it was sent to and make sure there were no spelling mistakes.

Then check what it says next to the transaction in the senders paypal account it is completed or otherwise.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

theWestFamily
Contributor
Contributor

It turned out there was a problem with his card--but it wasn't that he didnt have money--but paypal didn't let him know when he put the payment through. He got a confirmation!!!!

I think we wasted 17 hours of life trying to figure this out. If the card is no good (not the issue) or if there is anything wrong....the sender should NOT  get a "Money sent!! Confirmation" notice from Paypal. He got one immediately and sent for proof.

We recieved no notice that anything was wrong, and neither did he. Since we cannot dispute something that apparently neverf happened, I guess I will just hope someoen reads this. And Cares. And hopefully that person works for paypal.

I think Paypal should notify sender or recipients if something is wrong...Not send a green YOU SENT MONEY message from paypal....It causes harm to relationships when peoepl feel like you are accusing them of lying. Thanks a bunch.

I am  upset. I am not a young one, have MS,, and 17 hours of life is very valuable to me. I would like a refund of that please.....oh right.

Anyway, thanks man for the suggestions.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.