Paying by using money in Paypal account

ar260352
Contributor
Contributor

I thought you must have a balance in your Paypal account to make a purchase.I made two deposits to Paypal from my personal bank account and made a seperate purchase on Ebay.The two deposits were removed plus the purchase,I was expecting the purchase to come out of my Paypal account not my personal bank account.

Obviously,I made an error...where? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi ar260352

You never have to have money in your ppal account to make a purchase as long as you have a card/bank linked to it  as back up and it is verified

If you make a payment then ppal will take the payment from your back up source

Was the money you transfered actually in your ppal account before you made the purchase?

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi ar260352

You never have to have money in your ppal account to make a purchase as long as you have a card/bank linked to it  as back up and it is verified

If you make a payment then ppal will take the payment from your back up source

Was the money you transfered actually in your ppal account before you made the purchase?

Login to Me Too

ar260352
Contributor
Contributor

Okay,

I think it is a sequencing problem mostly if not all of my doing.I have not used the account since 2009,having moved to China(I am back in Canada).

Anyways...I did 3 different actions at essentially the same time period:

1.Reactivated my account ,using my banking info,received the two verification values.

2.Made a purchase

3.Deposited 41$ from my bank.

This all took place in a 3-4 day period.The purchase and deposits showed up on the same day on my bank account.

Bit wordy...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.