PayPal disputing claim after it was resolved?

Sarahcat77
Contributor
Contributor

This is going to possibly be long, I'll try to keep it short and sweet.

Back in May a client of mine filed a claim against me for over $1,000 dollars after I sent them the item back. They lied and changed the reason for the claim at least 3 times, trying to **bleep** me over. I won the case as I had proof of me sending it back to them and refunding them some of the amount.

Fast forward to July. They've somehow managed to file against me a SECOND TIME. The 180 day window is up at this point. I call PayPal, they're clueless, and a rep tells me there's nothing I can do. I find out it's through their credit card company so I link them to the original claim and PayPal sides it in my favor.

Fast forward to today (August 23rd). I have the daylights scared out of me for the upteenth time as I see "PayPal disputing claim" as an update.

For some proof, here's two screenshots of the second claim, one from earlier this month and one from today.

Earlier: http://imgur.com/a/afHPs

Today: http://imgur.com/a/QSaEf

Is this just PayPal disputing the fees they paid on behalf of me because of the wrongly filed claim? Should I call them about it or is it not worth getting anxious over?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

WipedOut
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@lancelotme

I guess I didn't catch the part about the first dispute with PP, I just went off the pictures which both had data beside of chargeback meaning it was from the CC side and not PP.  The first chargeback picture had said she won, which I too was shocked about, and the second looked to me like an appeal once again from the CC side.  Due to utter confusion I wish this OP the best of luck and will jump out of this topic.

Login to Me Too

Sarahcat77
Contributor
Contributor

@lancelotme You should read the post over again, most of what you are asking is already answered and you're confusing me more.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I went thru what you provided us several times,I dont know what you want from us?

what do you want us to see,what do you want us to say?

You sold an item to a buyer $1350?,the buyer returned the item,you refused the item and it went back to them,but you gave them a partial refund? like $400?

they open a case with Paypal and you won/

Then they come back with a chargeback filed with their cc issuer,Paypal won the case for you and you dont have to do anything except present the same data which you used for the first dispute.

now PAypal notified you there is new development with your case ,thats 8/22/16. and the status of your case is being reviewed by Paypal and the chargeback reason went from 'other' to 53 which is item not as described.

Thats all I can see,did Paypal expect you to do something?

You think Paypal may be asking you for some money back,well I did not see anywhere Paypal is asking for money,where did you see that or are you speculating ?

You said you dont want to call Paypal and you are tired of waiting,you have already talked to 6 of them .

We are not Paypal,we can only read what you showed us,you have to stop playing OSTRICH and find out what Paypal/buyer/his cc issuer want and deal with it? 

Login to Me Too

Sarahcat77
Contributor
Contributor

@lancelotme The buyer bought a custom made item from me, I sent them the materials and a small refund because they were difficult to work with. The father of the buyer got upset because I did not want to make his daughter the item after concluding business with her and while she was satisfied he was not, leading to this mess. But that has nothing to do with my post.

I want to know what "PayPal disputing claim" means. That's literally what I asked and all that I would like to know. 

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Ok,now I have more information-it is about a custom made item.

You do not want to deal with them so you gave them a partial refund and send them some material?

By materials,do you mean the material which will be used to make the final product?

Did you buy the material?

are you saying-here is the material and a refund ,make it yourself?

If so,I can see the father is upset,obviously the daughter cant make the final product like you can.

I dont think they will file claim in small claim court,even if they win,the court is not going to make you pay,they have to find a way to make you pay.

Login to Me Too

Sarahcat77
Contributor
Contributor

I sent them all of the materials to make it on their own, all of the materials bought in regards to the commission. Then I sent them a refund minus the cost of supplies. That's a full refund. You get the labor costs and the materials, AKA, everything is paid for.

Can you answer my question now?

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I want to know what "PayPal disputing claim" means. That's literally what I asked and all that I would like to know. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can only speculate it means Paypal is disputing the claim for you.

I can only speculate the claim is item not as described,instead of getting a finished product,they are getting some material which is used to make a finished product !

The amount they are disputing is $900,and thats the material cost.

It sounds like they think the material aint worth $900!

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I am surprised you won the dispute with Paypal and won the chargeback with the cc issuer.

Given how much Paypal loves to side with the buyer and how much the cc issuer favors its own customer!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.