Escalated Paypal Case Closed Immediately??? Help Please!

KasaraWolf
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

I come to you guys for some help. I purchased an item from a company, and when I recieved it, the item was a BOOTLEG. I had been in contact with their customer service for days through emails, and all they did was fight me the whole time. I was getting no where with them, so I opened a case with paypal.

Now, the seller replied immediately to my paypal dispute, and offered to give me JUST $8 (their service fee) back for the $100 I spent on that item and said they don't do refunds for bootlegs. Of course, I refused, because wow, that's nothing compared to how much I spent. And it was funny, because I had contacted the company previously asking if it was a fake, and they said that "it was not." And then we went back again with the exact same fight we had back in our emails. I said my side again, saying that the item was misrepresented, and said in the description of the item that it was the "real," and that I was told it was real by their customer servie PRIOR to buying it, and then escalated the case, because I was tired of fighting with them and I was hoping to get someone that would review the case and see that they sold me a bootleg product. 

HOWEVER. I literally got a message back a minute later saying the case had been resolved and that's it. Nothing else, no "we took your side" or anything.

Is there anything that can be done??? Or am I out basically $100 over a bootleg that worth only $2?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Who knows?

You haven't provide the source of the product purchase?

You haven't described the product.

You haven't described any details use dto proof your case.

Login to Me Too

KasaraWolf
Contributor
Contributor

Hi~

-The company I used was Shopping Mall Japan, a middleman for products around the world (mostly Japan)

-The product in question was an animation cel for an old anime series. 

-I was told by a collector that the product was a fake, due to how sharp the lines were and how it did not match up to the actual frame from the tv show. I contacted SMJ customer service who happens to have an expert in cel art (and this is the same guy that told me it was real before buying) and they told me the item was indeed a fake. (Even though they told my perviously in another email, before I bought the product, that the item should be "just fine" because I was paranoid about purchasing just an expensive bootleg.) When I asked them what I was supposed to do then and how to fix this issue, because I bought it believing it was a genuine article. They refused to help me any further and just gave me short answers and didn't offer any solutions (Like refund, store credit, partial refund etc.) and they only gave me an option after I had opened a case with paypal saying "in good gesture, we will give you your service fee back" and their service fee was only $8.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Log into your Paypal account,under resolution,find the case ,is it closed,if so,what does it say,if open,what is the latest status?

If counterfeit,Paypal would ask you to destroy the item,after destroying the item,come back and tell them and they will refund you in full.

this is how it works before,I dont know if it has changed.

But in soon to be released October 19, revised Paypal terms of agreement,PAYPAL would ask the item to be destroyed if it deems the item is indeed countefeit.

No details on how to proceed to destroy and refund,so look into your case in resolution center and see if there is any instruction.

call paypal if you need clarification.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

usually the email from PAYPAL would tell you if you win or lose,if the company can prove they are not selling counterfeits and Paypal bought the evidence say they are registered dealer and present invoices to prove where they bought the items from,they could win.

Login to Me Too

KasaraWolf
Contributor
Contributor

That's what I thought as well, but all the email says is, "On August 28, 2016, you indicated in the Resolution Center that this case had been resolved." and then it has transaction details and that's it 😧

Login to Me Too

KasaraWolf
Contributor
Contributor

Hiya, thank yo for the help~

In the status, all it says is "Case Closed" and that's about it. And when I open it, it says I marked this problem as "resolved," which is definitely far from, all I did was escalate it to paypal for a decision, not close the case. Should I wait a bit to see if paypal will send another emaill with instructions, or just call their customer service line? 

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Don't wait, just call as soon as you can.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

could you have accidentally closed the case/

once closed,it cannot be re open.

Login to Me Too

KasaraWolf
Contributor
Contributor

Oh no, I definitely said "Escalate" and that they would take it from here and stuff @__@ 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.