Pay after delivery

shohrehtaheri
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have purchased an item from eBay on Oct 7th. The seller initiated the Shipping process within eBay. I was supposed to receive this item on Oct 11th. To make a long story short, I never received this item. I noticed that I paid the seller with the option "Pay after Delivery", however, I noted that in my PayPal statement, the seller’s transaction has been listed under "Completed" section, So I am confused. Have seller got paid? I have contacted seller many times but I haven’t received any responds from her yet, except for the first time that she, again, offered sending the item and I refused it because I knew she wouldn't send it.

So, I greatly appreciated if someone explains if the seller has been paid or not.

Thank you

Login to Me Too
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Pay after delivery does not mean that the seller is paid after you have received your item. 

The seller is paid instantly but PayPal fund that payment and then take from you about 2 weeks later to reimburse themselves. 

As a seller i would not send an item before being paid. 

However if you have not received an item you can open a dispute for non receipt of item and if the seller can't prove with a tracking number that you received your item then you should get a refund. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

shohrehtaheri
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for your explanation. I have not received the item and as I mentioned , the seller doesn't respond to my emails and messages at all.

Once again, thanks for the suggestion and have a Happy Thanksgiving and Holidays

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Pay after delivery does not mean that the seller is paid after you have received your item. 

The seller is paid instantly but PayPal fund that payment and then take from you about 2 weeks later to reimburse themselves. 

As a seller i would not send an item before being paid. 

However if you have not received an item you can open a dispute for non receipt of item and if the seller can't prove with a tracking number that you received your item then you should get a refund. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too
Solved

shohrehtaheri
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for your explanation. I have not received the item and as I mentioned , the seller doesn't respond to my emails and messages at all.

Once again, thanks for the suggestion and have a Happy Thanksgiving and Holidays

Login to Me Too

shohrehtaheri
Contributor
Contributor

By the way, I have opened the case with eBay but the eBay says that it passed the 30 days , therefore, they couldn't help me and I should work out with seller. Do you have any suggestions to get my moeny???

thank you

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Go and find the transaction in your PayPal account and use the report a problem link bottom of the summary page. 

Oh and it would have been nice if you had given me the kudos for helping you understand the problem rather than giving it to yourself.    Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

shohrehtaheri
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, my mistake. this is my  first time posting and using the paypal help. my apology. Trust me, I meant to give you the  credit for your correct and clear suggestion.

thanks again...

Login to Me Too

dean26
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I just wanted to know if i have to wait for the other order to arrive &  for you to deduct the amount of what i bought for me to use the pay after delivery option again.. I was thinking of using it since its my main use but it doesnt show up when i tried to use it again.i have to get products on different sites so i used it on 1 but wont let me use it again for a different site. They are not big amounts (less $100).. Thank you

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No idea what you are on about, suggest you contact customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

dean26
Contributor
Contributor
I used the pay after delivery option to buy stuff at a site. I just ordered it a few days ago so I still dont have it, meaning its still pending in my account.. now I wanted to use pay after delivery option to get more stuff in another site but its showing that it will automatically deducted from my bank account. My question is, do I have to wait for my 1st purchase to be paid before I can use the option pay after delivery?
Login to Me Too

p27082000
Contributor
Contributor
Can pay after divert be used to buy pizza!?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.