PLEASE Help. Low-income + ripped off = even more traumatic...

Herh3r3
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.  I had a number of transactions where I sold $20 of bitcoin.  They were all good.  I made a tiny profit successfully.  So I set up 3 $20 transactions (supposed to be 3 separate buyers).  A third-party handled everything from beginning to end. which has turned out to be a non-existent company based out of a UPS box.

Long story short, they handled the last one very poorly.  They sent $65 of my bitcoin to one woman in TX (debtor's paradise) while her payment to me is pending and cannot be "captured".  (Besides, my small claims court doesn't like it when people sue out of state residents or don't spend a bunch of time and money trying to resolve it first).  I even tried upgrading from a personal acct to business on paypal but that didn't solve it.

I am seriously harmed at this point and do not know WHAT to do.  Paypal blames me and refuses to protect me in any manner.  WHy in the HECK do they even do "authorizations" if they cannot be captured.  Nothing should happen/be done and nobody should be notified if a payment doesn't actually transfer.  I have emailed her twice begging her to pay but she ignores me.

ANY ideas???  Thank you.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What can you do?  Use a service other than PayPal for vitual transactions, espectially for what you are doing.

You have no seller protection for the transactions you initiated.  It is all written out clearly in PayPal terms of use and especially forno seller protecition.

click on the "legal agreements" at the bottom of the page for more information.

Login to Me Too

Herh3r3
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply but I still need advice...  That site ONLY used paypal, unfortunately.  

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Advice for what?

Did you buy anything?

Best advice is find another selling venue and sell tangible goods.

Login to Me Too

Herh3r3
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone actually help me and not just sit there and chastize me for not reading 10,000 pages of paypals fine print??  You sound like a **bleep** paypal employee or stockholder.  Knock it off troll.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

So you have pre-authorization payments set up for your account?  I read a very days ago on this subject and you have 3 days from date of pre-auth to capture the payment, guaranteed.  The next 29 days after that, you can attempt to capture payment but it's doesn't seems guaranteed.

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/integration/direct/capture-payment/

Then scroll down to something called Reauthorize Payment.

I don't know how any of this stuff works but maybe that is something you can ask PayPal how to do.

Good luck.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.