Not sure what to do at this point...

DreamTek
Contributor
Contributor

So first of all i would like to place the blame on myself for doing this, I do know it is against the terms the way I set up my account.

I cannot get a bank account. For reasons I will not go into on here....

So I ended up using my girlfriends bank account to open up my paypal. (Yes, I know this is not supposed to be done)
I have never had a problem with it ever.

Recently I sold something on ebay, the customer had buyers remorse, ebay made me do a refund.

They took roughly $400.00 out of my paypal account that had a zero balance and the buyer shipped the product back.

So now it is negative $400.00 dollars.

Me: "Oh, not a problem! I'll just give my girlfriend the money to deposit into her account and transfer said funds to the paypal account to get it back above the negative and to its normal zero balance."

Yea....No.

Upon trying to do so paypal now asks me for a copy of my Social Security card, A Picture ID and proof of address (certified letter/bill/etc.)

My girlfriend is worried as she SHOULD be about devulging such information to PayPal.

I'm confused as what to do at this point.

I have the money, paypal wants their money, I want to pay paypal the money, but they wont let me.

If she does not agree to provide those sensitive deatils to get the account back to normal, whats the worst that could happen here? Obviously my main concern is this refelcting negatively on her credit score etc.

Obviously this is entirely my fault though for using her account to be able to use paypal.

But I just want to make sure she's going to be safe if I cant get this money in there.

Any response or help is greatly aprreciated.

Thank you in advance.

-Daniel

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DreamTek
Contributor
Contributor

Anybody?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.