Negative Balance - "You may not add funds at this time."

AlphaEtOmega
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am having difficulites once again resolving my Negative Balance.

I have followed the steps provided via automated message to attempt to resolve the issue but it has not yet worked:

"B. How do I resolve my negative balance?

You can choose from the following options to pay your negative balance:
  • Use your bank account to add money to your PayPal account.
Here's how to use your debit card or credit card to add money to your PayPal account balance:

1. Go to the PayPal website and log in to your account.
  2. Click Resolve your negative balance or Add money in the PayPal balance box.
  3. Follow the prompted steps to transfer money to your account.
If you are given the option of using a debit or credit card to add money, it's considered a cash advance. Your card issuer may charge a fee for a cash advance.

Bank transfers should appear in your PayPal account within 6-8 business days."

But whenever I try to pay off my negative balance I get the error "Please wait while we process your request. This may take a few minutes." or recieve a different error  "You may not add funds at this time. It is not necessary to have funds in your PayPal balance in order to send a payment."

I have tried contacting paypal through e-mail, facebook and phone (always busy and takes 5 minutes to get to the proper directory). 

As well, have tried using different web browsers (Firefox and Google Chrome).

While there have been previous suggestions from what I have read to have a family member send money to pay for the funds or pay the funds over the phone via credit card.
From what I understand when you send money, PayPal will automatically withdraw funds from your bank and linked accounts. Assuming this is the case, why did it not do this? 

I can confirm that I have enough money in my bank account, looking at my previous bank account statement, so I dont necessarily think this is the case.

Any suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

This is a PayPal user forum, not PayPal customer service, so any reponse from PayPal moderators will be a long wait and will then tell you to contact customer service.

Working directly with PayPal customer service will be you fastest way to solve the problem.

How did you actually try to add funds from your bank account to your PayPal account?

I'm not clear on what else you actually tried.

Login to Me Too

AlphaEtOmega
Contributor
Contributor

@DPCreationsOkay thanks, i'll wait not sure what else I can do.

Anyways yes I did try to add funds from my bank account to the paypal account using this method:

- Paypal website

- ! Add money to resolve your balance (middle left corner)

Add funds using your bank account (6-8 business days) -> Continue

- "From: MyBankName", Amount: "$###.00", "To: Paypal Account" -> Continue

- Error of: "Please wait while we process your request. This may take a few minutes."

OR

- Error of:  "You may not add funds at this time. It is not necessary to have funds in your PayPal balance in order to send a payment."

Hope this helps.

Wierd thing is that I am able to use paypal to make online purchases but the Negative Balance keeps going up as well, rather then declining my payments etc.

Login to Me Too

AlphaEtOmega
Contributor
Contributor

Hello me again,

I have tried phoning the customer service phone line.

And was asked to pay by Credit Card to pay off the negative balance.
However do not have one available, and while I would borrow a family/friends credit card with thier permission over the phone, they are capped for the next 3 weeks or so.

Are their alternative ways on paying for this?

Example: Can another paypal account transfer the funds needed to pay off the negative balance?

As well, anyone know how long I would have to pay this off?

Thank you.

EDIT: At Shoppers Drug Mart, anyone know how large the amount of pre-paid credit cards are?

As well, do they have an activation fee? Like buy a $100 pre-paid card, but really there is only $93 on it or so, from the fee.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I believe a PayPal member can send funds to your account email using the family friends option.  From what I've read, that should be OK, as long as your friend agrees.  You friend will need to funds available in their account and you will need to trust yuour friend to not use the money before sending it.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I believe a PayPal member can send funds to your account email using the family friends option.  From what I've read, that should be OK, as long as your friend agrees.  You friend will need to funds available in their account and you will need to trust yuour friend to not use the money before sending it.

It does seem odd that you got an error when attempting to transfer funds from you bank to PayPal.  Is your bank a real bank or a virtual bank?

It also seems odd that PayPal would allow you to continue to basically use PayPal as a loan rather than take money from your bank account as backup.  Generally you would need a backup credit card also.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.