Negative Balance Help Needed

Gradds
Contributor
Contributor

So recently I tried to sell some virtual xbox codes on eBay and sold over £300 worth. This then later turned out to be against eBay TOS but since I had never done this before eBay said it was okay and no action was to be taken as it was my first offence and it was clearly unintentional. To my surprise around a week later I had a spam of chargebacks. All of these chargebacks had been from people who had USED the codes I sent them and then were attempting to chargeback and get there money back effectively scamming me. I am now sitting here with -£276, getting phone calls to my house each day and in loss of over £300 worth of Xbox Gift Cards. I'm not prepared to talk over the phone as it's just something I don't like doing, I have emailed you 4 times in 2 weeks and had no reply so now I'm writing here.

I'm really worried as to what wiull happen with the debts since I have no job and will really struggle to pay it off. I can payt it back slowly over time but since it isnt my fault I really dont know what to do. I dont want this to affect my or anyone in my familys credit score and I'm just overall scared about what's going to happen next.

Thanks for reading, hope to get some replys! 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gradds

There is no paypal seller protection for virtual / digital items, you can sell them but at your own risk.

If you have a neg balance that is not paid off then paypal "normally" sell on the debt to debt recovery agents.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.