Need help adding debit card; keeps asking me for credit card or debit card with credit card logo...

SirLancellott
Contributor
Contributor

I wish to buy more time for World of Warcraft, and I have $20.00 CAN converted to USD (came up to $18.50-something) ready to buy a month for $14.99 USD, but when I go to the section that says it's taking me to Paypal to continue the transaction, but my Paypal account is asking me for a credit card now. How do I get past this annoyance so I can use the money that's actually IN my account and not have to go through the hassle of having to set up getting a debit card with a Visa or MasterCard logo on it with my bank? 

The whole reason I got the Paypal account in the first place was because I didn't have nor want to get a credit card, but now I'm being told I need to get one? Or a debit card with Visa/MasterCard logo on it? Kinda defeats the purpose of making the account in the first place doesn't it?

Some assistance with this problem would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Check your PayPal account sending limits... log in to your PayPal account and click on the "View Limits" link on your PayPal Account Overview page to see what limits you have and for instructions on how to lift the limits.

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a523/sp9403/limits04.gif

~Sandy

Login to Me Too

SirLancellott
Contributor
Contributor

I've already done that process of getting my account limits lifted; now I just need to be able to actually use the money that's in my paypal account... I'm trying to find a way around having to get a credit card or get a debit card with a Visa/MasterCard logo on it so I can actually do something with the money in the account instead of just letting it sit there...!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.