I don't even know...

Grimm420
Contributor
Contributor

so...I've had a paypal account for months if not almost a year now, my bank account was verified and everything was fine. I needed to transfer $30 from my bank account to paypal, did it on thursday I believe. I got an email today that said 

"

Dear XXXXXXXX,

On Apr 25, 2013, we attempted to transfer $30.00 USD from your bank account ending in XXXX. This transfer was returned by your bank on the reason below:

This is an invalid bank account number.

As a result, this bank account has been disabled from your PayPal account.

Please contact your bank for more information or add a new bank account. Please do not contact PayPal because this is entirely an issue between the account holder and their bank.

Sincerely,
PayPal"

I began to wonder, WTF is this a joke? I log on to paypal, low and behold, my damn bank account has been deleted and I'm unverified. its a huge damn inconvience seeing as I needed the money, but ok I'll play yoor **bleep**ty little game paypal. I try and reverify my bank account, of course the routing and account numberr havent changed because its the same damn thing as before. however I get this beautiful message

"The account you entered would need additional review. Please link a different bank account. 

If you would still like to use this bank account, you may fax us a copy of the bank statement with the two amounts PayPal deposited in your bank account shown and a copy of your driver's license or other photo I.D. You must use this form for your fax cover sheet and send the fax to (402) 537-5780."

so basically, can anyone explain to me why this happened? anyway to fix this without waiting a week?
Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Grimm420
Contributor
Contributor

nobody? awesome, I love losing money.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Is your bank account a regular checking account which you opened at a local B&M bank?

Does the name and address on your bank account match the name and address on your PayPal account?

Call your bank to find out why they returned your "Add Money" request.

~Sandy

Login to Me Too

Grimm420
Contributor
Contributor

its american express, I've had it verified for months, so I dont see how it just today got deleted. nothing changed, I never changed anything, so it makes 0 sense. it would be 1 thing if they refused the transfer, but to delete the link between them is just ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Your "Add Money" request received an "invalid bank account number" response from your bank.  PayPal's action to remove the invalid bank account number from your PayPal profile is a logical response.

1)  Is your bank account a regular checking account which you opened at a local B&M bank?

2)  Does the name and address on your bank account match the name and address on your PayPal account?

3)  Have you ever previously added funds from this bank account to your PayPal account?

~Sandy

Login to Me Too

Grimm420
Contributor
Contributor

1. no I did it online

2. yes, it always has.

3. no, its the first time. 

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

It appears that American Express offers only savings accounts... they do not offer checking accounts, and this may be the reason you're having difficulty.

The American Express "To Make an Electronic Transfer" page describes the deposits/withdrawals procedure for an American Express savings account at this link...

http://personalsavings.americanexpress.com/deposits-and-withdrawals-information.html

Based on everything I've read so far, I think you will need to follow the instructions PayPal has provided... FAX the requested information for the savings account, or... link a standard checking account using the routing and account numbers which are at the bottom of your checks.

~Sandy

Login to Me Too

Grimm420
Contributor
Contributor

its their prepaid . all it is is checking, says so on the direct deposit form.

Login to Me Too

Grimm420
Contributor
Contributor

still no word from paypal, I'm not gonna spend my money to call them so they can fix their own **bleep** up, so I'll wait til friday for their email. still dont understand this **bleep**, my debit card for the account I have been using, is still attached to paypal, makes no sense to me. 

I most likely wouldnt have a problem with my account getting unverified for no reason, but I can no longer use my own damn money. though I'm not sure I can even make money anymore because I needed a verified acount to receive payment, thanks paypal, stay classy

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Did you FAX the information which PayPal requested?

~Sandy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.