I bought a not working motherboard can someone give some advise?

bysee
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Community

I dispute a payment today and provided all needed info and now waiting for the seller to respond.

I bought the motherboard,ram,cpu´s from Natex

http://www.natex.us/Intel-S2600CP2J-Dual-E5-2670-128Gb-Kit-p/s2600cp-cpu-128gb-12800.htm

The motherboard is not working'/not starting and the ram and cpu's came in it. My psu is working since it tested it even used other psu's

Im just a student and don't need the ram and cpu's since the motherbaord is not working.

I have the boxes and papers, just like it came to me and i put it back in the box exactly as it came.

I want to ship it back exactly like it came in boxes etc, back to the seller(natex) and get my full refund. Is this posible? They need me to give their addres name etc so i can ship it back? 

Their website says 30 day refund. 60 day warranty. For me this thign didn't work the day it arrived.

Do i need to ship first to them and provide proof of tracking number etc and will i get my refund after they recieved it?

I can provide any proof needed but just need some advise from experienced users since this is my first time and don't know what to do now. My goal is to give them back the box (~3kg) with motherboard packed in bag safe and 16ram sticks in box and cpu which were on the motherboard. And give me my full refund. I already paid alot to get this item imported into my country so i already lost alot, sadly this thing isnt working.

The motherboard, cpu and ram  they sell are used and are not NEW  so i don't know.. i just want to give it back to them and get my money back..

Do i have a chance or am i finished :(?

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

bysee
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

What if the seller does not want to accept the refund. will paypal take actions? and how do i know their address information and firtst, last name if they dont contact me?

sorry for my newbie questions im panick

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bysee

If paypal find in your favour and tell you to return the item then once tracking shows the item as delivered back to the seller the seller has to refund.

If he does not then paypal refund you under their buyer protection scheme and then they chase the seller to get their money back again.

Just escalate when you want and wait for paypal to tell you what to do, its quite a simple system.

Paypal would let you know the address to return the item to.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bysee
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

thx, if paypal will give me the addres to ship it to thats alot easier, they also give me last name, full name zip code etc?

I hope it turns out the easy way and they respond to me and give me info so i can send it back and get refund..

sorry again for my newbie questions im sure i couldve found them online but im panick

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bysee

Never panic, it does not change anything and you may do something unwise.

Good luck, I am logging off now to go to a party ( its evening here, time difference ).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bysee
Contributor
Contributor

thanks i will wait and try to relax a bit

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

can it be fixed locally?

MAYBE negotiate a price to get it fixed locally

Login to Me Too

bysee
Contributor
Contributor

@lancelotme

I'm from Europe and they are from the USA, shipping takes 10-14 days to get it from my home to their home and from their home to my home. So i have no other option then sending it back via my post office and asking for refund...

I went to my local pc store and he said i can't help with this system.. so if he doesn't offer this kind of service i can't do it either my only option is sending it back and ask for refund

Login to Me Too

AichaBaha
New Community Member

Hello,

Can I know where are you from and if you paid duty and taxes
I'm planning to buy this motherboard

Login to Me Too

bysee
Contributor
Contributor

@AichaBaha

im from netherlands and i paid 120eur to import this item

i wish it would work for me but it didnt

now i just want to send everything back and get a refund  my local pc store couldn't even help me

im still waiting for a reply from on mail and on paypal them i hope they will respond fast monday-friday

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.